Expanding 80 series PS pump pressure port ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

baldilocks

Battle Ground, WA
GOLD Star
Threads
I’m in the process of adding hydro assist to my 80. The pressure port of the pump is basically 5/32” plus a smidgen. My rig also has a brake hydro booster and I know this can be a bit of a bottleneck, but that can be overcome.

Has anyone expanded the pressure port on an 80 series PS pump for increased flow rate to feed a 1.5” ram. What size drill bit was used? What were the results?

I drilled it to 13/64 I believe, really didn't notice any difference. I believe it is due to the pump displacement at lower RPM is the hang up, the original sized port isn't much of a restriction there. Once engine RPM is around 900 or higher it has no problem keeping up with assist and a 1.5x8" ram. Below that it struggles with super quick movements, but isn't much of a killer if you remember that.

I drilled it to 13/64 I believe, really didn't notice any difference. I believe it is due to the pump displacement at lower RPM is the hang up, the original sized port isn't much of a restriction there. Once engine RPM is around 900 or higher it has no problem keeping up with assist and a 1.5x8" ram. Below that it struggles with super quick movements, but isn't much of a killer if you remember that.
Thanks. Another member who didn’t drill his pump and says he’s ok with it. Another member told me his was painfully slow so he drilled the port and it got a little better. The unknown territory for me is how the system will work with the hydro booster. Your answer sounds about like what I was expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom