Exhaust question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning all -

Crawling around under my ‘94 tracing out fuel circuit and noticed the attached pinch on my exhaust. This is post cat, in the last run of exhaust before exit, right where it runs between frame and body. I showed this to my dad and he didn’t think it was a huge deal… to me it looks restrictive and needs a weld in repair.

What do you all think? Anyone with a 93/94 have the same “pinch”?

Thanks!

FD5008AD-57F3-416F-8B5E-EE7759864603.jpeg

BDD2BFE3-D1F2-432F-995B-AEE2D0AA470B.jpeg

50CA85A2-8515-422C-870A-63A31F81EC69.jpeg

That's stock, kiddo. Factory designed and put there by Mr. T. himself.

Yeah, I know the feeling. LOL
The older I get the more I realize I should have listened more to the "old man".
Now he calls me for interesting engineering questions....

Yeah I have the same pinch on my '94 from the factory. I recently measured exhaust back pressure in one of the O2 sensor holes to see if my cat was plugged and I basically got 0 PSI on the gauge. If we shoved a rag into the exhaust, the back pressure went up, so I know the gauge was working. So the stock config is not restrictive at all (unless your cats are totally plugged).

Yeah I have the same pinch on my '94 from the factory. I recently measured exhaust back pressure in one of the O2 sensor holes to see if my cat was plugged and I basically got 0 PSI on the gauge. If we shoved a rag into the exhaust, the back pressure went up, so I know the gauge was working. So the stock config is not restrictive at all (unless your cats are totally plugged).
Ah good to know, thank you for the reply. I’ve been wanting to check my cat as it is original and the truck has 310K. I’ll see about gauging up, good call.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom