Exhaust Manifolds

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So, I'm pricing replacements from dealership and they want nearly $800/side for just the manifold parts (I can do the labor). Anyone used a different option? I'm all ears.

Pretty sure my primary cats are toast and it's why I keep throwing P0171/0174 codes. I've only replaced my secondary O2 sensors at this point. Didn't seem worth replacing the primary sensors if the cats are bad anyways.

zapatius

SILVER Star
Visit site
So, I'm pricing replacements from dealership and they want nearly $800/side for just the manifold parts (I can do the labor). Anyone used a different option? I'm all ears.

Pretty sure my primary cats are toast and it's why I keep throwing P0171/0174 codes. I've only replaced my secondary O2 sensors at this point. Didn't seem worth replacing the primary sensors if the cats are bad anyways.

That's a pretty reasonable price actually, from the dealer. The other option I could recommend that people have used is the Magnaflow version.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Lean codes are, afaik, being read and thrown by front sensors.
Not sure how cats could cause these codes.
Longer story here that started last summer when we drove to Cali. . . Initial cause of issues could have been bad gas, bad coil packs, clogged injectors, not acclimating to higher elevations, don't really know. Threw all the same codes then, and only now when driving long distances. Floating theory is bad coils/injectors were not burning off all fuel in system and dumped gas out manifolds, that cooked the cats. Cat inefficiency is causing the engine to run leaner? It's still throwing downstream O2 codes (0420/0430) after a good couple months without any - but those don't control fuel trim like the primaries do (it simply stopped the dash lights temporarily).

Visit site
Do you have access to a scanner that shows fuel trim?
Longer story here that started last summer when we drove to Cali. . . Initial cause of issues could have been bad gas, bad coil packs, clogged injectors, not acclimating to higher elevations, don't really know. Threw all the same codes then, and only now when driving long distances. Floating theory is bad coils/injectors were not burning off all fuel in system and dumped gas out manifolds, that cooked the cats. Cat inefficiency is causing the engine to run leaner? It's still throwing downstream O2 codes (0420/0430) after a good couple months without any - but those don't control fuel trim like the primaries do (it simply stopped the dash lights temporarily).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom