ENGINE Rebuild.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, didn't say that. I do not  know of  any kits or adapters at this time. I believe that the Junkster was the one who started that rumor. To buy a 4.7 Iforce "long block" new is probably around 10 grand  :eek: (in the crate) just add the mechanic ::) .
You're too slow there Cdan :flipoff2: :D No rumor though - at least that's what I was told.

Junk,

Sorry them boys are full of poop................... :slap:

You shoulda called their bluff........... :stupid:

Junk,

Sorry them boys are full of poop................... :slap:

You shoulda called their bluff........... :stupid:
You just paddin there Cdan :D, or are you serious? Does this adapter not exist? .... I've been telling folks it does, so if I'm wrong I'd like to know (may not change my story though :D).

Junk,

I am seroius. IF it does exist, I have no knowledge of it. Honest.

Sorry C-Dan! :( Thanks Junk for stepping up to the plate. I knew I heard it somewhere.
Bill

As far as I know there is NO adapter to install the I-Force V8 to a chevy transmission.

I do know that probably by year end, there maybe an adapter to install a standard splitcase behind the 343.

I know of only one conversion using the 470 V8 into an early cruiser- project is almost complete 8)

Joe

just what tranny is used in the 100 series with the 4.7 iforce?

inquiring minds would like to know :-/

early 100 series(98-99 maybe)had a locking center/rear diff similar to the 80 series? would this be compatable with an 80?

is the bellhousing bolt pattern the same on the 4.5 I6/4.7 V8?

hmmmm

doug

Doug

The 4.7V8 in the Lexus / Landcruiser uses the same A343F transmission as the FZJ's, with some slightly different programming for the V8 - which I think is classified as A340 family of trannies.

The 98/99 100 series shares the same 5-wire CDL & rear locking differential as the FZJ's. I think they went to a limited slip in 2000, and currently they only use the ABS / computer system to create traction control.

I know that the tranny can be unbolted from the bellhousing, so yes either V8 / I6 tranny could be used. Toyota only has the 4.7V8 - so the Tundra / Cruiser are identical to the bellhousing; however, the Tundra has a different transmission & driver side front output shaft on the TC.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom