Engine bay maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What part of the manifold are you cutting?

The casting flange between the runners (2 & 3 without going out & popping hood) - you only need to cut the common casting vein, still leaves all of the gasket surface to the head, and you can slide it past the wiring harness where it routes through the otherwise enclosed hole in the lower intake.

It is so you can undo the intake from the head without having to pull loose all the connectors that route out from the harness via that path.

You'll prob / may never need to pull the intake, but if it helps for a starter, an alternator upgrade, etc - it pays for itself on the 1st time.

The casting flange between the runners (2 & 3 without going out & popping hood) - you only need to cut the common casting vein, still leaves all of the gasket surface to the head, and you can slide it past the wiring harness where it routes through the otherwise enclosed hole in the lower intake.

It is so you can undo the intake from the head without having to pull loose all the connectors that route out from the harness via that path.

You'll prob / may never need to pull the intake, but if it helps for a starter, an alternator upgrade, etc - it pays for itself on the 1st time.
Never knew that the harness ran through the lower intake

Never knew that the harness ran through the lower intake

You find it out real fast if you need to swap a H/G.

It's like being kicked in the junk & then the face, once you're doubled over from kick #1.

If (OK, when) -I buy ::another:: FZJ80 & should it need a HG, I'll cut that intake in a hot minute.

Radius the edges & any rough spots when done and show the wiring loom some insulation love.

Frankly I expect once I pimp the Tundra to my flavor, I'll be hunting an unlocked FZJ of either flavor. I like having a spare, alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom