Engine assembly questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's my situation:

Yanked the 1fz out of my dad's lx450 to get it rebuilt. He told the machine shop that he'd rather pay me to put it together (trying to help out a poor college kid), so I came to his garage to find engine parts everywhere and all the bolts in a big box. Pistons and crank were in but everything else (timing stuff, flywheels, etc.) are all on tables and boxes.

complications:
I can only work on this on saturdays when I come home from school (1.5 hours away).
I've never been inside the 1fz block...I've done a head 5 years ago, so some things should be familliar but a lot won't.

I'm posting up here because the manual we have (I believe it's the toyota manual downloaded) is super vague and so much unlike the 2f manual and leaves a lot to the imagination. So I guess that's the 0th question; is there a manual that's very clear for engine assembly for someone who's in my situation?

If not I'm sure I can get it together and some help would be nice. I've found some awesome threads that have been a big help so far, but I may be updating this thread periodically with questions for you 80 guru's. I'll try to format the thread so that someone down the line can find this useful.

1st question: Is the oil pump gear supposed to be able to spin on the crank? there's no key or anything so it looks like it's just spun by the oil between the gear and the crank. Can someone confirm this?

Thank you much,
Drew

Slow your roll. Buy a hard copy manual. Informative, and when you are done, it will show proof of your efforts in the form of greasy finger prints. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom