Emuwing (Gull Wing Rear Window) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed one of these on a US spec 100? I just received mine from down under, the quality looks great and am excited to get it installed.

The instructions however are written in Australian, therefore don’t quite translate to Oklahoman. Jokes aside, there are obvious spec differences from their fixed or manual-open 3rd windows and our auto open windows. I’m particularly confused about when it calls for “cutting the interior trim”, where and exactly why?
82DAA205-4280-4CFB-86B0-5F515AF085B9.jpeg
A33DAB93-1414-4B60-BAB1-AAA07CD8C603.jpeg

Any tips appreciated.

Excited to see this installed!

@savirc installed one on his build.

@rb4638 has one installed. You definitely have to cut interior plastic. Maybe he can chime in when he's not taking long walks on the beach. :)

You’re gonna notice when you try to put the interior plastic back on that it needs to be trimmed in quite a few places to fit around the metal ring that you glue in place.
0DBC39C7-A98A-414D-BB77-34419B912949.jpeg

You’re gonna notice when you try to put the interior plastic back on that it needs to be trimmed in quite a few places to fit around the metal ring that you glue in place.

Any more pics from your truck would be appreciated.

Most of your trimming will be around the hinges and the struts. It will be self explanatory when you try to attach the plastic surrounding the window

4E118B2B-40BA-44F7-B268-C2288800CC4B.jpeg

492DF308-125C-4497-83C5-DF94778D9FA6.jpeg

465A5D12-D254-462F-9C9D-A8587DC902C3.jpeg

741481C4-C5E6-42D7-B6B4-18AB10BC59FE.jpeg
9B18FC77-3FFF-4421-91C1-B7440AFA94C7.jpeg

Letting it cure over night. The part of this that has me most confused is in the instructions where it vaguely says:

“Make sure you understand the positioning of the frame before attempting to glue it into position. This is critical so the panel aligns to the hinges later in the assembly.
If you are not sure of the position we suggest a dry run first – Use a couple of bolts to fix the hinges to the frame and check the holes on the door panel align with the holes on the hinge face.”

It isn’t clear what exactly that means?? Like, don’t mount the LH side on the RH side? Don’t mount it upside down? Am I missing something here? Oh well if I am, it’s glued on now. To mount up hardware later this afternoon.

How did the install finish up? Been looking at these for a while now. Everything work out for the US Spec model?

I'd like to learn more about this option as well, although with the size of the hinge on the inside is an issue. My goal would be to access the @orangeboxxfab panels on the rear windows from the outside but it doesn't look like that would be an option. Not sure what other use there would be for this product.

I'd like to learn more about this option as well, although with the size of the hinge on the inside is an issue. My goal would be to access the @orangeboxxfab panels on the rear windows from the outside but it doesn't look like that would be an option. Not sure what other use there would be for this product.

Reaching in to grab recovery gear (or anything else, like maybe a snack) comes to mind. Access to the back is a PITA with dual swing outs.

Reaching in to grab recovery gear (or anything else, like maybe a snack) comes to mind. Access to the back is a PITA with dual swing outs.

My recovery gear is rarely used, but reaching in for a quick snack, now your talking my language. Well worth the many thousands of dollars this mod would cost.

Has anyone thought about a reverse emu wing? Make the hinges at the bottom so you have a table/shelf? Instead raising an emu wing and then lowering the shelf, have it all in one. I need to figure out how to design this.

kinda destroys the "reason for the season"....access.
True but you then you have a shelf right out side the window. Most folks have awnings so this may work.

Last edited:
Has anyone thought about a reverse emu wing? Make the hinges at the bottom so you have a table/shelf? Instead raising an emu wing and then lowering the shelf, have it all in one. I need to figure out how to design this.

I'm not tall enough for that to be workable!

I've had them for a long time now and they are holding up well. One seal started leaking but not enough to be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom