Empty Axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To be honest, that is what the mechanic told me. He is a former CCOT guy. He said my front axle housing was 'empty' and I needed to either find a new axle with the guts or find the parts to complete mine.

Prior to this revelation, it drove fine except for a loud whining in the front end. Steering was good. It was lacking a propeller shaft to the front, obviously it wouldn't do much good. The PO didn't "espeakey da englis muey bueno, pero quiere vende his Jeep."

DallasFJ40 said:
The PO didn't "espeakey da englis muey bueno, pero quiere vende his Jeep."

Too damn funny!!!

Do you have lock outs on the front axle?

Do you have working disc brakes up front?

So you need a front drive shaft for a 1979, and some inner axles for the same truck....right?

Poser said:
Too damn funny!!!

It is true. I think it was a good deal because of that, even after fixing all these PO mods.

Poser said:
Do you have lock outs on the front axle?

Drive flanges, bought Warns from you...thanks again.

Poser said:
Do you have working disc brakes up front?

Brakes work fine, except I need to put some sapers in, the wheels don't have the correct backspace and rub the calipers.

Poser said:
So you need a front drive shaft for a 1979, and some inner axles for the same truck....right?

Bingo. I bought a 'front' drive shaft on FleaBay, but the seller sent the short (rear) drive shaft to me and the front to the buyer of the rear. He is trying to work out the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom