Electrics question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe he did not consider that over the tub... I might have...
It's within inches, depending on how you measure a curved tub at a 45° corner. The house was built almost exactly to-plan (just below center near the Right side):

Now that we're beating this dead horse, I think I remember now why it was allowed: it's not technically "over" the tub (although it's certainly within reach), and she'll never touch the switch or anything plugged in while in the tub. The dimmer gets adjusted while the tub is filling, and everything else is on the remote.

.0008 amps is all it takes to be dead... A remote will do it..... Just saying.... Or maybe that info will help you to keep the house...... I joke.... I let s*** slide all the time.... Depends on the situation..... Just loosen the screws holding up the tv. Have a good insurance policy.... Just saying. LOL.

Well, if I ever see her cut her chest open & try to stick the remote batteries against her ventricle, I'll warn her about that. ;) Otherwise, I think a remote in the bathtub is reasonably safe. And the TV mount isn't coming down even if she uses it to stay up while slipping on the soap. Even one of its screws would hold her & the TV up. So while I'm a big fan of building codes in general, I see many of the electrical codes as arbitrary & antiquated.

The tub TV passed, but I couldn't get a signature until there was an outlet on the stair landing, 3 steps from the top, where there was already an outlet.

And they had to add 2 switches to the light circuit for the downstairs hall so there would be one upstairs bedrooms & at the garage.

And I had to add outlets all over the house so there was one every ~5' (IIRC) in the rooms; which overloaded the panel & the generator, so I have 2 panels, and the 2nd isn't on the generator.

Well, if I ever see her cut her chest open & try to stick the remote batteries against her ventricle, I'll warn her about that. ;) Otherwise, I think a remote in the bathtub is reasonably safe. And the TV mount isn't coming down even if she uses it to stay up while slipping on the soap. Even one of its screws would hold her & the TV up. So while I'm a big fan of building codes in general, I see many of the electrical codes as arbitrary & antiquated.

The tub TV passed, but I couldn't get a signature until there was an outlet on the stair landing, 3 steps from the top, where there was already an outlet.

And they had to add 2 switches to the light circuit for the downstairs hall so there would be one upstairs bedrooms & at the garage.

And I had to add outlets all over the house so there was one every ~5' (IIRC) in the rooms; which overloaded the panel & the generator, so I have 2 panels, and the 2nd isn't on the generator.
It was a joke.. A way to off the wife.... And it is 6ft from an entryway and 12ft thereafter. every wall 2ft or longer.... 100 pages of where to put record lights or switches. Then there are ADA. Requirements for commercial install

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom