Electric off-road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are pretty cool. I'm already on the pre-order list, which was easy as it's $0 down, unlike the also very cool Rivians, @ $1000 down.

Just like all of the new trucks, outside of my budget.

Just like all of the new trucks, outside of my budget.

$70k is what I last saw I think, basically the same price as a new Gladiator Rubicon, but no gas, oil changes etc, just brake fluid, pads and washer fluid.

But that Rivian is not!

Not as bad but I am not fond of the plastic looking front and rear.

Somehow the manufacturers are going to need to figure out how to properly armour it for off road otherwise they are only good for graded logging roads. Armour that we can afford is heavy which affects range. Would be nice to afford titanium but that isn't realist.

Not as bad but I am not fond of the plastic looking front and rear.

Somehow the manufacturers are going to need to figure out how to properly armour it for off road otherwise they are only good for graded logging roads. Armour that we can afford is heavy which affects range. Would be nice to afford titanium but that isn't realist.

The new 4runner isn't really any different in that regard. I was looking at one the other day and wondering how the heck would you put a proper bumper on it.
But back to MSRP; nothing official from Rivian yet but what I have seen so far says $72,000 USD . Yes that's a lot of cheddar, but the news from Tesla is that their new truck ("better than a F150" to quote Musk) will be under $50,000 USD, so there is hope these will become more affordable as they become more mainstream.

I'm gonna Roll Coal in my old trucks till the day I die, even if I have to grow my own canola and run it on vegetable oil ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom