Eezi Awn rooftop tent 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys this is my first post. I'm looking into rooftop tents and am interested in the Eezi awn jazz and the Eezi Awn series 3 1400 tents. My budget is $2500 and I'm wondering if any of you have experience with Eezi Awn tents, particularly these two. I'm also open to input on other brands you guys have had luck with. Thanks

You can't really go wrong with the series 3. If you drop down to the Jazz, at that price point there are many other options available. I don't have any personal experience with them but the Series 3 pretty much sets the high standard.

Personally I have a Tepui Autana Ruggedized. Approx the same size overall but has a covered entrance and annex. (I'm a Tepui dealer)

I'll offer my thoughts without pushing one brand over another. I don't use my annex a whole lot. It's a little cumbersome to set up solo at my vehicle height. So for just one night at any given spot I generally roll without it. However the covered entrance offers more shade or rain protection below it. Obviously also covers the ladder in bad weather. The tent is plenty comportable for 2 people. With 3 think backpacking tent quarters. The annex offers plenty of room for additional people and we have a cot for my son to use down there. An annex also gives to a place out of the weather for a portable toliet or the privacy a significant other often appreciates to get dressed. Dry place for dogs if you need it.

If you have any specific questions to the Tepui line I'd be happy to help out.

Not a great pic but shows most of the points I brought up. Here just camped for a single night I only used the one side window and the door for ventilation.(It was cold). You can see the additional coverage. Eezi-awn offers this style too.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
You can't really go wrong with the series 3. If you drop down to the Jazz, at that price point there are many other options available. I don't have any personal experience with them but the Series 3 pretty much sets the high standard.

Personally I have a Tepui Autana Ruggedized. Approx the same size overall but has a covered entrance and annex. (I'm a Tepui dealer)

I'll offer my thoughts without pushing one brand over another. I don't use my annex a whole lot. It's a little cumbersome to set up solo at my vehicle height. So for just one night at any given spot I generally roll without it. However the covered entrance offers more shade or rain protection below it. Obviously also covers the ladder in bad weather. The tent is plenty comportable for 2 people. With 3 think backpacking tent quarters. The annex offers plenty of room for additional people and we have a cot for my son to use down there. An annex also gives to a place out of the weather for a portable toliet or the privacy a significant other often appreciates to get dressed. Dry place for dogs if you need it.

If you have any specific questions to the Tepui line I'd be happy to help out.

Not a great pic but shows most of the points I brought up. Here just camped for a single night I only used the one side window and the door for ventilation.(It was cold). You can see the additional coverage. Eezi-awn offers this style too.

View attachment 1259119
Thank you! Very useful

I have a eezi-awn series 3 (med) and a longroad regalia (large) RTT that I swap between depending on where I'm camping and the weather.

The eezi is ultra high quality but VERY thick canvas. For warm weather camping and little air breeze it will get hot inside. The longroad is a Chinese version from a company that produces tents for other companies like TJM and others. Its the light weight material which is alot easier to work with and alot cooler inside for summer camping.

If its something you want to keep for ever eezi is the way to go (mine is over 6yrs old) if you want something for 1-2 season the Chinese versions are ok and alot cheaper in price.

(ill try and find pictures of the longroad rtt)

Pajero.jpg

Just realized the longroad is the same style as the Tepui Autana just a different color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom