Eastwood Internal Frame Treatment (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 90 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
Just got this in an email from Eastwood.
I don't know what you guys think of it but it could work on quite a few internal surfaces of our old Yotas - if it actually works. I have not tried it but considering it.

Internal Frame Coating w/Spray Nozzle

It might work well if you want to drill a small hole in rear 40 doors and those other spots that have been "sealed" over the years.
Cheers

I like it...sent Eastwood an email asking why not use it on body panels?
Most of the enclosed panels have at least a plug hole to get the wand into.
I ordered two cans for that very purpose. Even if the panels do not have a hole, drilling one and plugging it with a plastic cap might work like they used to do with the old Zebart rust treatment

I saw this as well Hugh in the latest catalogue I got from them.
All I can say is it's about damn time!
I plan on doing my 60 frame insides with this. Worth a shot.

Got it today - Saturday - so I took a break from catching up on Gobernment paperwork to try it out.

Got two cans

Eastwood 001.JPG

Each came with it's own nozzle with the hose attached with a barbed fitting and the sprayer in the end.

Eastwood 002.JPG

The first application was inside the upper fender. I had cut a hole in each side to install a scab plat for nut plates to attach half doors.

Eastwood 003.JPG

Made sure I shook it good and sprayed it easily. It is very thin and I had not problems with clogging. It ran out of the seams like they mentioned.
Eastwood 001.JPG
Eastwood 002.JPG
Eastwood 003.JPG

Then I did inside vertical post that holds the hard top posts and in the rockers...

Eastwood 006.JPG

and inside the half doors I am repairing. I had previously used POR 15 Metal Ready and had planed to slop some POR15 inside them. This was easier and with less mess.

Eastwood 004.JPG

You can see here where the thin coating leaked through the seams. I guess that's good.

Eastwood 009.JPG

I will update this thread in about 20 years if I get rust through in any of those spots :lol:

All that used about a half a can and I was liberal with it. To clean the spray nozzle, I sprayed the can inverted like you normally would do with a rattle can and then used compressed air to blow out what might be remaining. I am pretty sure that the next time I use the application tube it will clog as the stuff was easy to wipe off the outside of the plastic tube once it dried so a small loose flake will most certainly bugger the inside of the tip easily.

Anything that can prevent the rust from continuing I am willing to try so at $20 a can, figured it was worth it. :cheers:
Eastwood 006.JPG
Eastwood 004.JPG
Eastwood 009.JPG

Very nice pics Hugh.
Will that nozzle fit into a can of brakleen or the eastwood pre? If it does you might be able to keep it cleaner for next time by spraying it out.

I just used up my last can of their extreme chassis black so I need to place an order. Gonna add a couple of those to it.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom