Early 80s Flashback: Remember Stompers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I smoked the amphibious one in my parent's hot tub. We used to play with those things for hours. My favorite Stomper 4x4 memory is sneaking up on my sister and putting a running Stomper in her hair. It tangled up so bad, my mom had to cut her hair. Awesome.

my 2 older boys are in their 30s and had many of those .about a week ago or so my 17 year old found them and set up a course i had forgot how much fun they were.dang things go almost any where .we have a set of 12 mcdonalds stompers but before mcds they actually had motors.good luck

My favorite Stomper 4x4 memory is sneaking up on my sister and putting a running Stomper in her hair. It tangled up so bad, my mom had to cut her hair. Awesome.

Oh man! another flashback!

I just got one back from my parents house over the weekend, It was a big blue one that floated with a little water jet on the bottom, It still works in forward!
I bought my son a few off ebay a few years ago, He loved them, But none of them are fast enough for him.

I loved mine back in the day. I think I had a white blazer or bronco. The outdoor tires were awesome.

I smoked the amphibious one in my parent's hot tub. We used to play with those things for hours. My favorite Stomper 4x4 memory is sneaking up on my sister and putting a running Stomper in her hair. It tangled up so bad, my mom had to cut her hair. Awesome.

buwhaahaaahaaaaaa:lol:

you and I must be long lost brothers, I see you are in my old stomping grounds too, ..get it...?

holy fricken flashback.. name sounded familiar and as soon as I saw the pic I was back in time - as said above, good times.

my 2 older boys are in their 30s and had many of those .about a week ago or so my 17 year old found them and set up a course i had forgot how much fun they were.dang things go almost any where .we have a set of 12 mcdonalds stompers but before mcds they actually had motors.good luck

Wow that's awesome :) . I'm in my 30s and I used to have a few Stompers , I think those were my favorite toys ever , I remember my Dad kinda took them from me when I was getting into other toys and he put them away in a box somewhere . He still has them stored away somewhere . I still have a few of the McDonalds Stompers , funny thing is they are still around . They now belong to my kids but I still see them playing with them from time to time .

Awesome, I had totally forgotten. Never had a collection but those were tough toys. Besides corrosion I don't think we ever broke any. TCR was fun too, damn that jam car.

That was the first wheelin' I ever did! I love Stompers. I used to make little tracks out in my back yard around bushes and in the sand box, across the snow. in light mud...

Thanks. I've been thinking about those lately.

Butch

Just ran across this thread. I loved those things. I had the jeep pick-up and many others including a three axel tow truck. My buddy and I would go down to the elementry school (after it closed) and drag our hand through the sand making a track that the stompers would go for hours. The fish tank was cool too. Thanks for the memories guys. I want to get some again! Shoot, I'm 43...:rolleyes:

Wow, this brings back memories. I can almost smell those funky foam tires. My brother and I had a couple stompers and like someone else mentioned, we would put a 9v battery in them, gave it a body lift and tons of power. We had the tractor pull sled too.

here ya go
Photo 22.jpg
Photo 24.jpg
Photo 23.jpg

Wow, this brings back memories. I can almost smell those funky foam tires. My brother and I had a couple stompers and like someone else mentioned, we would put a 9v battery in them, gave it a body lift and tons of power. We had the tractor pull sled too.

God, I love this website. I can't help but laugh like a silly school girl. One moment I am on the 40 forum discussing latest mods to my 40. Then on the trailer section looking for ideas for my m101. Then on to recovery section for ideas for my recovery kit. Then I run across this thread. We are a bunch of old men sharing their passions and memories of 20 to 30 years ago. I can relate to every post on this thread. I guess that I also started out modding my stompers and now 30 years later im still doing the same thing on a bigger scale. Man this thread has brought back memories that I haven't thought about in a long time. Thanks so much. I guess that it is proved to be true that the difference between men and boys are the price of their toys.

REINTRODUCED!!! Pretty much, anyway by Matchbox. Now called a Powerscout.

4x4 and 6x6. I bought the timber truck for my 3yr old.

Available at Target also without the play set 4x4 for $6 and the 6x6 for $10.

Matchbox

Wow, I had forgot all about them.... Now I gotta go dig in my parents storage shed to see if they are still there. I had a whack of them...... Thanks for giving me yet another project I don't have time for!!!

I just stumbled across a box of car/trucks. It had a few Stompers in it. The larger blue Chevy has the old style foam tires. The 'stickers' were added from an old model kit I had.

DSCN8618.jpg

I also had a yellow battery operated Bronco, but apparently it is long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom