Early 80s Flashback: Remember Stompers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What I see heeps.

Alot of heeps and only 1 LC. So glad that your tastes got refined as you got older.:flipoff2:

I just stumbled across a box of car/trucks. It had a few Stompers in it. The larger blue Chevy has the old style foam tires. The 'stickers' were added from an old model kit I had.

DSCN8618.jpg

I also had a yellow battery operated Bronco, but apparently it is long gone.

73fj40lc said:
Alot of heeps and only 1 LC. So glad that your tastes got refined as you got older.:flipoff2:
I don't have a Stomper LC. Don't believe they made one.

However, I count 4 LC's of other makes in the picture (3 40's and an 80 series).

I also had a yellow battery operated Bronco, but apparently it is long gone.

Me too. I'll have to go through my Mom's slide collection at Christmas because I know she's got some pictures of my Brothers and I playing with them in the backyard.

My Mom made a comment awhile ago that some things never change. I asked her what she meant and she said that when I was a kid I'd play with these trucks alongside my older brother and his friends out in the mud... and that I'm still out playing with trucks, mud and older guys. :cheers:

hilarious! We used to do all that, glue two tires together, body lift, etc.
My favorite was to run em up this 100' 3inch drain pipe and let the water wash em back down

awesome, I remember those when I was really young (born in 83). We used to run them down the stairs (the same ones I remember falling down), and on the tracks that came with them. I could never remember what they were called thanks for the flashbacks.

YouTube - Schaper Stomper 4x4 Off Road Course Track TEST SHOOT

Last edited:
So I found this thread while down after knee surgery and a total blast from the past. Didnt take long to work my way back to the parents' attic to see what I could find. Toyota, Jeep, Jeep, Chevy, Datsun.
stompers 005 (Large).jpg
stompers 007 (Large).jpg
stompers 008 (Large).jpg

MAN iused to play with those all day in the creek behind my house. i even had the BIG swamper stomper amphibious one. i would even take it in the bathtub and watch it cruise around in there

THATS IT!!

When I was a kid my aunt gave my brother a toy and I thought it was awesome... so naturally he hid it from me and never once let me touch it, I have only vague memories that it looked like a tank with pontoons or floats was motorized and kinda grey/orange.

I know its stupid but here I am near 30 and I still think about that toy occasionally and how awesome it was (or seemed).

And now, thanks to you, I've found it!!

Stompers: Tyco Diving Devils
tyco_dd_grey.jpg

Fxxx it, I'm buying one. Game on.

If you were born in the 70s, you probably remember playing with a Stomper Toy Truck. They were these little AA powered toy 4x4 trucks with interchangeable tires. This was one of my favorite toys. Came to mind because i saw a Jeep Honcho today and it reminded me I used to have a toy that looked just like it. I have just realized that this is how I really started loving 4x4s.
Hi All. Born in 1974. These Stomper were distributed in Italy by Harbert and called "Mangiastrada" (Street eaters). One of my neighbour had one (the one with interchangeable foam tires, battery lid and little lamp) and I was soooo grudging... I finally got one for Christmas and I still have feeling of afternoons playing in the mud with them, trying to overcome impossible slopes, even if tires were gradually worn out. Now the question... I have vague memory one special model with interchangeable set of foam tires: It was possible to choose between smooth round tires and the classical star type ones.... Am I confusing something or am I right?
Thanks all

Schermata 2022-02-09 alle 09.45.11.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom