Dyna for expo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
heya- does anyone have opinions on a dyna for expo vehicle? 14b looks fairly robust and torquey compared to the 3b. But at 100hp.....how do these move??? 180tq @ 1800 rpms is nice - but these are 3,5 ton chassis and i would imagine while they can handle capacity of expo use- id imagine these are a bit lumbering at 7000lbs.??

I swapped an Isuzu 4BD2tc into my 60 nearly 10 years ago and have been very happy. The engine is a 3.9l inline 4 with about 135hp and 250 lbs torque. It is turbo charged and intercooled stock, and has worked out very well.

All the Japanese engines in this era share similar designs and many of the same parts like IP's and injectors. This engine was designed to push a Isuzu NPR cab over wheels box truck that weigh up to 15,000 lbs. So it easily moves my 60, even with a full load.

I can fully load the 60 for a multi day trip with 3 people, 3 dogs, full roof rack, etc, and go up the Grapevine on Highway 5 Southbound on a hot summer day in 5th gear with the AC on at 70 mph! Oh ya, I have averaged right at 20 mpg over roughly 55,000 miles!

I think the 14 series would be similar in performance, and you would be pleased with the performance.

heya- does anyone have opinions on a dyna for expo vehicle? 14b looks fairly robust and torquey compared to the 3b. But at 100hp.....how do these move??? 180tq @ 1800 rpms is nice - but these are 3,5 ton chassis and i would imagine while they can handle capacity of expo use- id imagine these are a bit lumbering at 7000lbs.??
im working on this same idea right now, so any thoughts are appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom