DVD system that partially works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I apologize as I am sure the information is here. We are new to the site and haven't quite nailed down how to navigate and find the information we need.

My teenage son just bought a 2003 100 series that we picked up a few days ago. One of the first projects we are working on is getting the CD/Nav system in working order. I'll describe the behavior and if you can point me in any direction (including threads) we would appreciate the guidance.

Upon turning the car on and clicking the Map or CD button on the console we get an "unable to read dvd" error. If we hit any other button such as Audio it works as it should. The 6 disc change is in the center console between the driver seats and has two cd in there.

If I use the button on the steering wheel to switch to CD it works perfectly. It loads disc one, I play music and also can switch discs, it works perfectly.

I checked the nav system under the passengers seat, I can see there is a CD in there. I slide open the system and push the eject button. Nothing happens...

That is where are are as of this morning and if you have any advice then we would appreciate it.

I've attached an image of the CD player working.

IMG_7032.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom