DVD playback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a 2008 LC couple weeks ago and my 2 knuckle heads already lost the DVD remote
I know in previous threads its been discussed that only way to change rear source is with remote, but the seem to be a couple years old so...

1. anyone discovered a work around recently?
2. does the prestige society override module allow for changing source in rear, or do you still need the remote? Cause if it allows you to do it I'll just spend the extra 100 on the override module and live without the remote.

thanks

may give it a try, $20 is still better than 150 or 230

thanks

You might be able to use a remote with a "learning" feature...where you'd need to borrow someone's remote and let the new one receive and then mimic its IR signals.

I think you do need the remote. It's the only way I know of to do certain things.

Universal remote can work, but like has been mentioned, you need codes or the original to program it. Or you might do research to understand who the OEM manufacturer is and the likely codeset it uses.

The battery cover of mine broke at one time, and looking at replacements on ebay....dang they're expensive. Fixed my cover instead.

i hadnt thought of the "learning" remote idea
I had a sony reciever for my home entertainment setup that the amp crapped out a couple years ago. Its remote had a "learning" function. Might go pull that out and make it learn a couple functions from Hodges remote next time i see him

Last edited:
He sourced a working remote and cloned the signal for the buttons mentioned onto the new learning remote he picked up.
Learning remotes "record" the signal from an original remote and save it to a button. Trick, as mentioned, is still having a working remote in the first place to clone from.

This is what he meant by needing to meet up with a fellow 200 owner... needing to meet up to borrow a working remote for cloning (learning).

Got it. Thanks! I have the remote from my factory tundra unit, hope it works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom