Dusy Wagon run: Round 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I'm just about done with some mods and with some stuff coming up causing me to back out of Rubithon, I'm itching to get up to Dusy. The run last year had a TON of interest but in the end there was 3 local rigs that went and 1 wasn't even a wagon (nothing against ya Tommy :D ). Heck, I even ended up backing out at the last minute.

Anyway, I think it's time to start getting the word out and see if we can get a few more rigs this year. I'm going to be on the Marlin Crawler Round-up Sept. 11-13th and hopefully some more wags will be too. I'd like to keep some space between the 2 to make it easier on those who would like to do both. I would like to go up in August so it won't be as dry and hopefully the mosquitos won't be as bad either.

Alright, change of plans. I'm going to hit Dusy up a couple of times this summer. If anyone's interested for October 9-11, post up.

I figure that date will give plenty of time between Our shop run (MCR-8 Sept. 11-13) and Surf N' Turf (Nov. 6-8)

The List

Freds40
Frizzlefry
LCOwner
Wagon4wd- maybe
D'Animal- maybe
CaliCruiser- maybe
oldwineo- maybe
619Toy- maybe
Dr Gonzo- maybe
koleaselo- maybe
peesalot- maybe

Last edited:
:hmm:

Will have to keep an eye on this. Couldn't make it happen last year, and DO want to do dusy, especially since I just got off the con and someone mentioned they liked dusy better for scenery. I think the only way to be fair is to check it out myself. :steer:

Dusy is definitely the place for scenery. It's an awesome trail and after hearing what I missed @ Rubithon, I'm really itching to get on the trail.

My 60 should be driving again by the weekend and I'm ready to get up the hill.

Sorry we missed you at Rubithon. Talked with cruiserdrew at length about Dusy and would love to make it out. Sounds like a great trip. Can't pull another week out of the hat this year but will say that next year is a definate possibility.

Clint

Sorry we missed you at Rubithon. Talked with cruiserdrew at length about Dusy and would love to make it out. Sounds like a great trip. Can't pull another week out of the hat this year but will say that next year is a definate possibility.

Clint

I was bummed I missed the Rubithon but had other priorities. Andrew mentioned he might be heading this way this summer. I'm hoping to hit Dusy a couple of times just because it's a nice place to relax. Probably heading up in a couple of weekends to run into Thompson anyway. :cool:

It must just totally suck to have dusy in your backyard, available for just a casual cruise up the hill when the mood strikes you. ;)

It must just totally suck to have dusy in your backyard, available for just a casual cruise up the hill when the mood strikes you. ;)

I wouldn't call it casual. To run the whole thing takes planning.

found some slide film in the freezer. If dusy's the place for scenery, it will work nicely.

suppose one day I should break down and get a digital. :hillbilly:

So far any of those dates would work for me. About the only thing on the schedule so far that late in the year is the Marlin trip on rubicon. The friend that rode shotgun with me on rubithon is thinking of taking his mini out.

I think the Nor Cal club is gonna have a Dozer/Willyswanter Memorial Rubicon trip Aug. 13-16 that Im going to.

Im in as long as ya dont pick the 14-16th :D

And even if I coudlnt get the 21st off,I could just head up after work and catch you guys :D

Ohhhh man,maybe we could git 3 wagons on the run this year :lol:

Back up. Also thinking of adding a date option at the beginning of October if that would make this more possible for anyone.

Would love to get a few wagons together for this trip. :steer:

This option would be good also :D

found some slide film in the freezer. If dusy's the place for scenery, it will work nicely.

suppose one day I should break down and get a digital. :hillbilly:

So far any of those dates would work for me. About the only thing on the schedule so far that late in the year is the Marlin trip on rubicon. The friend that rode shotgun with me on rubithon is thinking of taking his mini out.

:lol:

Definitely a good place for pics.

I'm kind of leaning more towards the August dates. It will be a bit less dusty and if there is interest from some less built rigs or less experienced drivers, the idea of a possibility of snow might scare them off. I'd like to have a nice 3 maybe 4 days on the trail and for every body to have a good time.

Down for the Oct. trip and I need something to do in Sept too (the Marlin run if I can ) :grinpimp:

I wanna wheel til I cant stand it this summer ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom