Dumb question about aftermarket bumper compatibility between pre/post facelift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, i understand that the bumpers that come up under the headlights are obviously not compatible with one another because the headlight shape is different, but with bumpers that only come halfway up and cut off the factory bumper in a straight line, what makes it so that i can't use a post-facelift bumper on a pre-facelift GX? i'll give an example. i have a '11, and i would like to use this bumper (i don't necessarily, but i'm using it as an example):

Is the difference just a matter of where the factory bumper is cut to accommodate the aftermarket bumper? is there something i'm missing (i.e. is the frame where the bumper attaches different)?

One thing you will be able to retain if you can use a bumper that does not come all the way up to the underside of your rig is you keep your headlight washer system.
The bumpers that come all the way up have to have them removed.
Does it matter? That'll be your call. :meh: I kind of wish I was able to keep them for when I'm traveling up in Lake Tahoe in winter.

One thing you will be able to retain if you can use a bumper that does not come all the way up to the underside of your rig is you keep your headlight washer system.
The bumpers that come all the way up have to have them removed.
Does it matter? That'll be your call. :meh: I kind of wish I was able to keep them for when I'm traveling up in Lake Tahoe in winter.
Haha I don't have them at all, but the question still remains is why are some bumpers designated specifically for '14+ if it's basically the same truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom