DUI Live Wires from Performance Distributors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steamer

SILVER Star
Threads
There seemed to be interest about this in another thread. (Kerplunk's post #25,883) and I responded with just one pic so I thought I would post this and elaborate a bit.

I ordered a set of the “Live Wires” from Performance Distributors for my DUI. When they arrived, I installed them but was quite unhappy with some of wire lengths and their choice of straight vs angled connectors. A few wires were forced to make radical sharp bends which I thought would lead to early failure. I explained this to a guy at Performance and he agreed with me after he pulled a set off the shelf for a look. He offered to make me a custom set to my specs if I sent him a good description of what I wanted. Here is the diagram that I made and sent to him. I do not have before pics, but I was pleased with how the new ones fit.

I have no idea if they made any changes to how they make them now. Also, note that I have no heater lines to contend with.

DUI Live Wires 01.jpg

Live Wires 01.jpg

Live Wires 02.jpg

Last edited:
Did you know the DUI does not care which one is #1 as long as you do the proper sequence?

Sure, but isn’t that the same for any distributor?
With six wires we have the choice of six patterns. I thought this was the most symmetrical.
With the set they sent me, none of the six patterns worked or looked good. Well, for my liking anyway.

Yeh, maybe I was nit picking. But for the cost of these I was ok with that. I just thought it was peculiar that wire #1 had an angled connector at the dizzy and how it brought the wire so close to the head. Also I did not like the tight bend that 3 & 4 had to make.

With our firing order as it is and the dizzy being centered between all six spark plugs, It just made sense (to me anyway) that all the wires should match in pairs. 1&6 – 2&5 – 3&4.

Well if you have ever seen small block Chevy spark plug locations on the exhaust you will see that a little warm head is nothing for the I6.
If they are willing to Redo them it’s cool customer service. They are a small bunch in Memphis. Good folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom