Dual Gps Receiver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of cheap BT GPS receivers around, most can be paired with at least android tablets (don't own any apple 'stuff'). Though most android tablets and phones have excellent GPS receivers built in that have no problems getting multiple satellite locks even under heavy tree cover.

cheers,
george.

I used a Pharos USB gps for a while. It worked better than my phone PS at the time, now most phones have really good stand alone GPS receivers and antennas. I doubt I would mess with addin an external GPS.

It looks like the selling feature for the linked unit is that it works with both GPS and Glonass, since I seldom go to Russia I don't see much utility in using their positioning system.

Modern phone GPS units also do GPS and Glonass - several years now (even my old retired Samsung S4 has both).

It's not a russia issue, it's just more satellites that all can be used to give faster locks and more coverage when in urban/rural jungles...

cheers,
george.

might be worthy of tablet that did not have gps....

^ yeah, but for the price or those units you could buy a new tablet with GPS/Glonass receiver built in....

cheers,
george.

yea...I'm not advocating for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom