DTC 024 - Intake Air Temp Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Every once in a while I get a CEL. Before it used to happen on cold mornings, yesterday it happened while driving down the freeway on a warm day. When I check it after the fact, I get DTC 024. "Intake Air temperature sensor open or short"

Every time I check the sensor, it reads normal. Buzzing out the wires to the ECU is much more difficult and I haven't tried yet.

1) Besides being a nuisance, does the engine go into 'open loop' or just run a little rich?
2) What are the odds that it is the sensor itself? Does anybody know the average junk yard price?

Thanks,
Dave

If you have a 93 it may be the ECU. Early 93s had a defective one. You can replace it in 5 minutes with one out of a 94. Search 60221. If you find one let me know. I have the same problem.

My '93 is a 'federal model' so I'm thinking a '94 ECU will cause me some problems.

Federal model = No EGR temp sensor & no after cat o2 sensor

My '93 is a 'federal model' so I'm thinking a '94 ECU will cause me some problems.

Federal model = No EGR temp sensor & no after cat o2 sensor

there is federal versions of the 94 model too. mine is a 94 with no egr temp sensor

there is federal versions of the 94 model too. mine is a 94 with no egr temp sensor

You wouldn't happen to know the part number would you?

Yeah. I value Cdan, so I try to make bothering him a last resort.

I've found this on several threads:

The one you want is 89661-60221.

89660-60220 is the early California spec ECU. Both it and the 89661-60170 (early 49 state) are replaced by the 89661-60221.

The 89661-60221 is discontinued so the only source is used.

The price was wild anyway. The last published list price on that item was $1,872.83.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom