Driveshaft u joints can't find. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I have been looking for the front driveshaft u joint for over 6 months with no luck. I live in Malawi and had help looking and could not come up with the right size. I price South Africa Toyota and it was going to be $1,500 USD for 2 u joints. I couldn't pay that amount. I returned to the States over Christmas hoping to find. Unfortunately Napa cannot find the correct ones. Any help would be appreciated.
20231203_105419.jpg
20231221_115716.jpg

Measurements
1.98 inches inside
1.10 inches cap size

1999 Toyota Landcruiser 100 series
VIN/chassis # JT111TJA008011280
MODEL. HDJ100R-GNPEZW
3N2LD40A03AA442F
Engine # 1HDC180114

Good on you for putting in the VIN and all....

U-joints 04371-60051
Should be $60-90/ea online in the States. Don't buy fake ones on Ebay nor Amazon. Or can buy from Partsouq but might take a couple weeks during the holidays.

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 10.21.18 AM.png

Last edited:
Order it soon from partsouq and add a note to the sales person to ship it out soon. When I order from partsouq on a Saturday, I get it to Texas by Thursday noon. $1500 in SA is insane. Terrain Tamer in SA also have parts available.

Cruiser Outfitters? @cruiseroutfit

I believe I’ve bought complete driveshafts from the dealer, for less than your local U joints 😮

I was in the same situation, the uni-joint the mechanic bought for my car didn't fit.
Toyota was a 12 week delivery from Japan, a shop had it from Sydney, I am in Perth, for AUD$450.
So I bought a new complete shaft from Partsouq for AUD$750 which is now in transit.

I replaced both front and rear drive shafts with OEM. The front really was in good shape and no different to the new unit! Rear splines were shot but not the U-joints. I have a spare front and rear as well from a junked cruiser.

That is a fast delivery! I thought there are ton of cruiser parts available in Australia. My friend in ACT Canberra get oil filters and small other stuff for his prado 150 from the US (Same as 3rd gen 4runner).

I once replaced the front pinion end U joint in our 1990 LN 106 Hilux with a GMB U joint, 2 years later, that thing was worst than the 25+ year old OEM. I bought all OEM U joints for it from partsouq.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom