Driver side mirror......... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not paying attention when I backed out of the garage today and extended the mirrors before I exited the jamb and the mirror cover popped off (as it hit the jamb). That would have been OK/easy fix but proceeded to roll over it with my front tire.

Q1: does Toyota use this part on other models? I have part # 87945-600020-B1 as driver side cover (gray).
Q2: Best online merchant?

This is also a good time to to the TSB on wobbly mirror. TIA!

Not paying attention when I backed out of the garage today and extended the mirrors before I exited the jamb and the mirror cover popped off (as it hit the jamb). That would have been OK/easy fix but proceeded to roll over it with my front tire.

Q1: does Toyota use this part on other models? I have part # 87945-600020-B1 as driver side cover (gray).
Q2: Best online merchant?

This is also a good time to to the TSB on wobbly mirror. TIA!

I think there actually was a TSB on the wobble. It was noted in the service history when I bought my used one, but I can't remember if it was covered or not.

If it was an LX, it would probably be at least $150 (or require complete mirror replacement)!
Or a grand...

Or a grand...
Yep $1162.00. All because some f?!&ing a$$hat didn't clear the snow/ice off his POS jeep roof. It blew off and smashed my passenger side mirror and quarter panel.:mad:

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Anyone have th spec on the torq bolts from the TSB on mirror wobble? I ordered one set with the mirror cover for ~$9 (yes, $3 per bolt).

Anyone have th spec on the torq bolts from the TSB on mirror wobble? I ordered one set with the mirror cover for ~$9 (yes, $3 per bolt).

With any luck, instructions including the appropriate torque values will come in the kit.

HTH

From T-SB-0017-11: March 9, 2011
Torque: 3.7N*m (37.7 kgf*cm, 33 in*lbf)

From T-SB-0017-11: March 9, 2011
Torque: 3.7N*m (37.7 kgf*cm, 33 in*lbf)

Thanks. I have the TSB; I was hoping for the bolt specification so I can go to the H/W store and buy a generic one for .30 cents. I thought they were torq head bolts.

Thanks. I have the TSB; I was hoping for the bolt specification so I can go to the H/W store and buy a generic one for .30 cents. I thought they were torq head bolts.
Sorry, I don't know the bolt spec but,the ones in the replacement kit are identical to the originals with the addition of a lock washer and pre-dipped w/blue thread lock. The originals were slightly too long and would bottom out before tightening well.

Last edited:
Wife did the same to ours. So pissed at her. Does anyone know if there are any videos or diagrams available to show how to break it apart? I know if I took it to the dealer, they'd want to replace the entire unit at a cost of $1000 plus labor.

Need to replace driver side mirror cover on my 2010 Landcruiser. Are these held on by clips or is there another procedure for removing them. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom