Driver side door Actuator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
All of the sudden the driver door doesn't latch it. took apart to see if anything is wrong, didn't see anything. I attached a pic, any ideas? much appreciate, Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_7740.jpg

Did you hook the actuator back up to the harness to see if it moves when you press the door lock/unlock button?

Were the small arms all attached? All plastic clips that hold the small arms
to the lock mechanism intact?

If the actuator doesn't move at all you could try a search for door+ actuator+motor in the 80 section.

The small motor inside the actuator sometimes goes bad. One vendor on this forum (? Absolute Wits End maybe) sells just the motor. @NLXTACY

Here's one previous discussion:

And then one person found a cracked actuator arm inside the actuator:

Last edited:
Did you hook the actuator back up to the harness to see if it moves when you press the door lock/unlock button?

Were the small arms all attached? All plastic clips that hold the small arms
to the lock mechanism intact?

If the actuator doesn't move at all you could try a search for door+ actuator+motor in the 80 section.

The small motor inside the actuator sometimes goes bad. One vendor on this forum (? Absolute Wits End maybe) sells just the motor. @NLXTACY

Here's one previous discussion:

And then one person found a cracked actuator arm inside the actuator:

Thanks for the reply @Kernal,
*I did hook it back and its not locking when I press.
*All the arms were attached with the clips on it, looks like it never been removed after factory assembly.
I believe I have 2 problem now, one with the motor not latching and the actual latch point, (Where I'm holding a flat driver in the picture) that's not staying to hold the door shut, just moves back and forward.

"Update"
So I took apart, and I saw this strange thing, an spring that helps with latching the door melt the side of the plastic case. I removed the spring clean all out, check the electric motor, all good there. I attached some pics of where the spring goes, what you guys think that may cause the spring to melt the side of the case? I'm thinking of screw a piece metal to cover that melted part of the case, that way the spring won't come out again.

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

IIRC others (and myself) have found similar wear from that spring. In my 80 it wasn't worn all the way through yet. so it may not be un-common for the plastic to wear from the spring pushing/grinding on the thin plastic wall.

You might could fix it with a piece of metal (or metal mesh) and epoxy, maybe try to get the metal on the inside of the broken edges for support if possible??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom