Downloading FSM from Toyota TIS site (2017) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wrote this today to help me get the FSM downloaded for my '94. All it does is add a 'DOWNLOAD' link next to the 'Spanish' button. You click on each section in the manual browser, then click 'DOWNLOAD' to download that section. I wrote and tested this in Chrome and have no idea if it works in any other browsers. This works as of March 2017, but who knows when they'll change up the site next.

Note that you still have to manually expand each category, and manually click on each and every one of them, and click 'DOWNLOAD' every single time. A smarter man might write something that scrapes the left pane to get all the links, then automatically download them, or at least auto-generate a comprehensive list of links, but I'm not that smart.

Here's the code:

Code:
var new_html = "<a href=\"#\" onclick=\"var new_url=window.parent.frames[2].location;document.getElementById('downloader').href=new_url\" id=\"downloader\" download>DOWNLOAD</a>"; var new_node = window.frames[0].document.createElement('span'); new_node.innerHTML = new_html; window.frames[0].document.getElementById("mainTable").rows[0].cells[1].childNodes[1].appendChild(new_node);

And here's how to use it:

1. Go to the Toyota TIS site, log in, and open up one of the documents.
  2. Select the address bar and copy it.
  3. Open a new window.
  4. Paste the address you just copied into the new window. Now you have the same thing, but with full browser functionality.
  5. Copy the above script.
  6. Paste the script into the address bar, go back to the beginning of the text you just pasted and insert "Javascript:", then hit enter.
  7. A 'DOWNLOAD' link should appear next to the 'Spanish' button.
  8. Click on a section in the manual.
  9. Click the 'DOWNLOAD' link to begin downloading that section.
  10. GOTO 8 (i.e. repeat steps eight and nine until done).

Steps two and three are necessary because you can't paste into the address bar in the popup window that the TIS site creates. Step six is necessary because Chrome automatically strips "Javascript:" off the beginning of anything pasted into the address bar, presumably to prevent some kind of phishing attack. If you forget to put the "Javascript:" bit in, then you'll just end up doing a Google search.

Hope that helps someone.

Any guest link to log into the TIS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom