Double up exhaust flange gasket @ cat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cheezypoof

SILVER Star
Threads
I just replaced my OEM catalytic converter with a bolt on Magnaflow. I used fel-pro flange gaskets and SS fasteners from the hardware store. I'm seeing wisps of exhaust on the upstream side of the cat, near the flange. The good news is the leak in the old cat is fixed, so one down.

I figure the flange gasket seal is the most likely culprit. Would adding another gasket help? High temp RTV. Both?

Should have listened to the advice I read on another thread: pay someone else to do exhaust work...

I found the Fel-Pro didn't work well with the Magnaflow. I replaced with OE ring gaskets, front and rear, and it fit much better and no leaks.

The CAT will get too hot for any RTV.

The newest part #

1609281745887.png

I found the Fel-Pro didn't work well with the Magnaflow. I replaced with OE ring gaskets, front and rear, and it fit much better and no leaks.

The CAT will get too hot for any RTV.

The newest part #

View attachment 2538602
Hey Spike, sorry to zombie this thread, but that gasket you posted a photo of - that’s for the triangle flanges on either side of the stock cat? Looking for those and haven’t had much luck searching, except for this thread.

Hey Spike, sorry to zombie this thread, but that gasket you posted a photo of - that’s for the triangle flanges on either side of the stock cat? Looking for those and haven’t had much luck searching, except for this thread.

Yes, for CAT - that's the updated part # and as Cheezypoof posted, it's updated again.

Old number is 90917-06024 to 90917-06073 to 90080-43026

RockAuto has some under the old #

Last edited:
Yes, for CAT - that's the updated part # and as Cheezypoof posted, it's updated again.

Old number is 90917-06024 to 90917-06073 to 90080-43026

RockAuto has some under the old #
Thanks my man!

FWIW, these # are also good:

Stone -- JB-12816 (OEM Ishino)

Toyota 90917-T6002 (substitution but same part, probably super'd to the 43026, above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom