Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope.

Note the top front window frame:

autowp.ru_toyota_land_cruiser_54.jpg

2019-toyota-land-cruiser-70-pickup-truck-germany-1024x612.jpg

I would guess all the fold down front windshield front doors would interchange. As to non-folddown windshield rigs I can't say. I have been wanting to compare the front doors of the BJ-70 and the HJ-75 that I have on hand. I know the LJ-78/HZ-J77 front doors are different just slightly.

Square top doors are for the pre 98 70 series trucks that had a removable roof. The round top doors started with the introduction of the hdj79, hzj79 and the fixed roof and longer cab behind the door. This was 1999.

Troopys all had the round top doors, from when they were first made with the introduction of the 70 series. This is because the troopy roof can't be removed.

I'm not 100% sure but sometime or some models got a reinforcement bar in the guts of the doors. I think this may have been hdj79 specific but not sure. The doors will interchange, to any round top door should fit a 79 for example.

That info is aus market specific, but the rest of the world can't be vastly different.

I feel like an idiot. Yes mine have the rounded window frame. Crap

Are the frames welded in or bolted in? either way it should be a simple swap to the new door shell.

I feel like an idiot. Yes mine have the rounded window frame. Crap

Are the frames welded in or bolted in? either way it should be a simple swap to the new door shell.
I have one of each at the moment for my build. The round top will fit/close on a removable top 70 but will have a gap. If I don’t find the proper door I will cut and weld on square corner to match.

There is 3 shapes of front doors. The 3rd type is on the 4 door models, it runs straight where the c pillar is to close up the gap between it and the rear door.
1579436889663.png

1579436760007.png

So if the frames different on these doors, then just cut and swap frames.

Yes in theory. You might want to check the windscreen pillar angle. Some have a 1/4 glass

This is Minus the window frames.

From what I can tell after looking through tons of photo's on the complete line of 70's from the start to about 2004... the two door models all share the same door minus the window frame. Maybe some differences in design for the inner door but it all should bolt up the same. You would just need to cut and weld in the correct window frames.

You would just need to cut and weld in the correct window frames.

They are definately the same shape down below. Where the frame joins the main part of the door is usually where they crack, so it will need to be a good job.
Will the window be the same shape?

They are definately the same shape down below. Where the frame joins the main part of the door is usually where they crack, so it will need to be a good job.
Will the window be the same shape?
If the window frame is the same then it should be a plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom