Door Trim and Weather Stripping - How to replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently acquired a new to me 2007 GX470. I’m loving is so far! It’s in great condition overall, but there are a few small things I’m doing to bring it up to where I’m happy with it.

The weather stripping on the outside bottom edge of the driver’s side window is mostly gone. It appears to me that this is adhered to the chrome trim.

Is the weather stripping and trim a combined part? If so, is there an OEM black trim option? How do I replace this part—is window removal necessary?

Any recommendations on where to purchase the OEM part would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

74A6F695-4B11-44C8-B33D-8E48AA5C2513.jpeg

There’s a few threads on this forum on which part numbers to order and a few YouTube videos on how to replace.

Search for window moulding or molding on this site and search for gx470 window moulding on YouTube.

The window mouldings on the Gx470 are attached with screws and it’s a combined trim/rubber/felt piece.

I hope this helps.

There’s a few threads on this forum on which part numbers to order and a few YouTube videos on how to replace.

Search for window moulding or molding on this site and search for gx470 window moulding on YouTube.

The window mouldings on the Gx470 are attached with screws and it’s a combined trim/rubber/felt piece.

I hope this helps.
Fantastic link! Thank you for sharing.

This write-up is fantastic and a huge help to those doing this job. Many of the tips and tricks surely save a lot of time and frustration.

One piece of advice I would add: wear thick gloves when removing the trim. One of the pieces had a sharp edge when I removed mine that went though leather gloves and the nitrile gloves I had underneath, resulting in a fairly deep cut to my right index finger. I was able to superglue the cut, but I would've no doubt needed stitches without the heavy gloves.

I ordered the trim from www.partsouq.com and shipping only took a few days.

accidentally quoted post above when I intended to edit. disregard this post

This write-up is fantastic and a huge help to those doing this job. Many of the tips and tricks surely save a lot of time and frustration.

One piece of advice I would add: wear thick gloves when removing the trim. One of the pieces had a sharp edge when I removed mine that went though leather gloves and the nitrile gloves I had underneath, resulting in a fairly deep cut to my right index finger. I was able to superglue the cut, but I would've no doubt needed stitches without the heavy gloves.

I ordered the trim from www.partsouq.com and shipping only took a few days.
I replaced mine bare handed, so I was either lucky or careful. Yikes

I replaced mine bare handed, so I was either lucky or careful. Yikes
I was careful as I could be, but I rarely do anything without gloves. The nasty, sticky old rubber alone would've had me wearing them.

Last edited:
My contribution to the collective knowledge base:

For those that purchase the eBay sets in black that do not have the small hole in the leading edge of the rear door sections, see photo showing location of the stock hole and diameter 7/32" drill for rear door leading edge trim piece.

I also found it much easier for all four to start at the end that had the securing screw and move down from that, so front to back on front doors & rear to front on rear doors. But as others have stated, brute force works well in any and all directions.

IMG_9077.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom