Door mirror options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are lots of ways to repair the wobbling mirror. Some are basically free and very easy. It’s a common problem. Have you looked into repairing them?

I was just looking at some youtube videos about the repair process. Will probably give it a try and see if I can fix it that way

I’ve had a pair of Depot reproductions on my truck for years. They work great. OEM are available again but spendy.
1670529180189.png

1670529352545.png

1670529207410.png

I'd love to know where I can get one.

I bought the cheap doorman ones, im quite happy for the price and they are black, My 80 is Antique sage so it looks great. Had them for about 6 moths. If they break down in 2 years it was still worth it. If they last 6 years I will be impressed

If it's just the mirror shaking

Will fix it if the tabs on the top are broken.

If the bottom post is broken then you need, this happens but is less common.

If the entire mirror and housing moves you can use.

Happy to help out

If it's just the mirror shaking

Will fix it if the tabs on the top are broken.

If the bottom post is broken then you need, this happens but is less common.

If the entire mirror and housing moves you can use.

Happy to help out
For “floppy mirror syndrome”, is this the same as saying my housing swivels in the wind without any engagement or lock? Last week, there used to be a cover plate on the bottom of the housing. Now it is exposed and the entire housing can rotate 180 degrees in the wind.

Just want to make sure I’m ordering the correct parts to fix a floppy mirror as opposed to a shaky one or otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom