Door Lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All of a sudden on a cold morning the passenger side door lock won’t activate. Not off the electric start key fob or from the drivers door control. You also can’t physically pull it up. Thoughts and ideas appreciated.
Thanks!

All of a sudden on a cold morning the passenger side door lock won’t activate. Not off the electric start key fob or from the drivers door control. You also can’t physically pull it up. Thoughts and ideas appreciated.
Thanks!
I had the same issue on a -5 degree morning the other day. Once back in the garage everything worked fine. I’m curious to see what others say.

I'd guess that the lock had some water in it which froze? I had this problem a month or so ago, but no garage to get it into. Once I'd warmed the vehicle up really well, the problem went away (but will probably come back...)

Spray the locks liberally (internally) with WD40 before a freeze. Keeps water out.

Spray the locks liberally (internally) with WD40 before a freeze. Keeps water out.
I've read that locksmiths recommend against using WD40 for locks, since it can accumulate dirt and grime. That said, I've often used it and haven't had that problem. In particular, I used it after my locks froze last month, and it hasn't recurred. So I don't know if this is a good practice or a bad one, but I've had success with it.

@ToyotaMatt

WD-40 makes a dry lock lube, too (under the 3-in-1 label) if you're worried about it. I've used the regular WD with no issue, but also use this:

61NVPxYkmRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks!

@jimi5Stone 's parts issue at hand is NOT his pass side door key cylinder , 69051-90A06 ...........fyi

- it's this below :

" Not off the electric start key fob "

- when somebody introduces this aftermarket remote starter / starting the engine remotely via a wireless transmitter

device monkey business into and on ANY TOYOTA with a power actuated doors
locking and un-locking system feature

build sheet option from the factory , then this is the
SMOKING GUN focus point you run to , in efforts to solve the

exact issue your having ..........

(.11) - Copy (2).gif

Last edited:
Hello all. I need your help.
A bastard broke the backdoor lock cylinder. I need the parts. Thanls you! GreetsView attachment 3215618
Place a "wanted" ad in the classifieds section or better yet look at the "parting out" section of the classifieds and start PM'ing members that are parting out fj60s. If you can't get a key but do find a cylinder and linkage, you might be able to send the cylinder to @ToyotaMatt and have him make a key for it. If you just need a cylinder he might be able to help. I'd also ask him if he can reconfigure the tumbler so your ignition key would fit it. FYI...60 and 62 rear locks are different and not interchangeable.

Hello all. I need your help.
A bastard broke the backdoor lock cylinder. I need the parts.
A thief broke into my cruiser and destroyed the rear lock AND mangled the hole in the hatch that retains it.
I couldn’t install a new lock cylinder because it wouldn’t fit in the mangled hole any more.

This is how it got fixed: stainless steel plate bolted through from the inside. The hatch became intamperable after that.
Actually this fix is an upgrade from the easily broken rear lock. Much more secure.
A line was tied to the lock lever inside the hatch and led to the grab handle behind driver’s side. Easy to release the lock.
ADBE1721-2310-4FDB-B918-7AF0CDB384FF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom