Door inside panel colors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

firefighterjed

SILVER Star
Threads
After 1975 when US market doors began to have upholstered interior panels, were they all black? If not, is there a VIN code for the interior color?

My 1976 came to me with ABS panels, but I want to replace with upholstery. Seats are currently grey cloth.

8B49F45A-BC52-4314-9A8A-CFDC7CAA05BC.jpeg

My (12/79 build) 1980 has grey vinyl interior panels, that more or less match the floor mats and the original seats. Looking for a photo that shows them; here's one:

IMG_0295.JPG

There is a thread on here with color and trim codes that you can look at for reference. The trim code is a two letter and two number combo on the VIN plate.

Here it is:

This has be super helpful! I didn’t even know there was a trim code or where to look for the info plate. I finally found it on the passenger fender by the battery. Mine (like most US rigs) is a LE11. Dark charcoal seats and door cards. I’ll likely redo my seats in a darker charcoal, but I’ll probably keep them fabric so they breathe a little. Time to order door cards.

Now that I’ve thought a little more about it, I could’ve just matched the head rest color. They’re original still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom