Dometic fridge temperature fluctuations normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.

We recently got the 6xL dual zone dometic fridge/freezer off of Amazon. I ran 8gauge to the back fuse panel then about 5' of 14 gauge to the fridge. I believe it's getting enough amps.

I ran it all day the other day (empty) while at work and had it set to 9 degrees. When I came out after work it was at 32 degrees. It was much warmer in the afternoon so it sat in the heat. Does that sound normal? Is it expected that it will not be able to hold temp when it's about 90 degrees outside? I'm sure having it full will help, but it still seems like a huge fluctuation.

Does not seem normal as described, but don't know about that model.
My inexpensive Edgestar only varies something like 2 or 3F (IIRC) on either side of the set temperature. Full or not. Even at higher ambient temps than 90F.
Is it possible there is something about the sensor showing the temps in both zones?

Fridges are most efficient when full. Load it wit bottled or canned beverages and try it again. Put frozen water bottles on the freezer side. It should stay within a degree of setting.

The only time I ever see fluctuation in my fridge is when it is almost empty. M

Thanks for the responses. I'm waiting for my new battery to arrive so I can try again. The current battery is on its last leg and even with voltage shutoff on high, the fridge will kill it after 8 hours. Maybe that's contributing but not certain.

The only time I ever see fluctuation in my fridge is when it is almost empty.

Same here, brand new Dometic CF-80. 1/3 full I saw temp swings of 10°F. 2/3 full I see temp swings closer to 2°F before the compressor cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom