Dog got some Easter chocolate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was watching Animal ER on TV last week and there was a dog in the "vomitorium". It had eaten a bunch of halloween candy, wrappers included. They gave it something to induce vomiting and let it do it's thing. It was funny to see all the wrapped candy in the piles of puke.

Well, this is as good a place as any, to warn fellow dog owners about the dangers of raisins (and grapes, I think). Several years ago, my dog got in my GORP (good ol' raisins and peanuts (plus m&ms)), and ate a large helping, I called animal poison control worried about all the m&ms, turned out he would have had to eat alot more, but the person helping me, was much more worried about the raisins, they can kill a dog, even just as much as is in one of those small snack boxes for kids, can do it. Some dogs are affected, others are not, and they were in the beginning stages of recognizing and tracking this toxic problem. Ended up giving the dog bread soaked in peroxide, and it puked up everything, so ended up being fine.

Maybe raisins are worse that grapes? We used to have a lab that would go to the grape vine and pull a whole bunch of almost ripe grapes off and eat them. She did this so much we hardly ever got any grapes because she would get to them first.

She ended up dying...........................

At age 14 of diabetes :flipoff2:

Last edited:
as mentioned....hydrogen peroxide is the helper. We went through this a few months ago with our two dogs...we got home and a box of chocolates were chewed up. The dark chocolate is bad and macadamia nuts are even worse. Some bread and hydrogen peroxide fixed them right up....

It helps to get them running around after you give it to them - just make sure you're outside....

bk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom