dog breeding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Go visit the animal shelters, read about how many dogs at these place get put down each year due to no adoption and not enough space. That should give you an idea. I love pure breed dogs, but I love muts more. I have 3. To many people are breeding animals for the wrong reasons. Sad :frown:

I bought a Vizsla puppy last summer from a breeder in St. Louis. We live in Vancouver, WA. I flew there to pick the puppy up.

It's the 3rd Vizsla we've bought from her, over a 22 year span, so she is very familiar with the kind of home we give the dogs, but I still had to sign a contract. It had several general terms in it, but it stated that if at anytime I was going to sell or give away the dog, they retained first right of refusal.

I have no intention of ever getting rid of any of my Vizslas until they die, so that's not a problem.

If you can be absolutely sure that the pups would go to good loving homes, and the female has been certified for hip dysplasia (as your male should be too) then I'd say it's OK to breed them.

If not, don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom