Does a lifted 80 really have caster issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need some advice guys. Here's the problem:

I might have a chance this weekend to do the OME install and do the bushings. However I'm stupid enough to deal with my local dealer and can not get the new bolts/nuts for the bushings in time. :slap:

Would it be a problem to simply use the old bolts/nuts this weekend and then a week later or so replace them. I was thinking of just replacing them one at a time by removing one, replace it and then do the next....

I would have dealt with Dan on this but with vacations and the border ect... I thought I could get them quickly locally. Not the case.

Riley

Riley, we re-use the bolts all the time. I am not sure why ARB now includes a note on re-using the bolts. The earlier caster kits did not have this note in. It might be that people trashed the nuts with the serations on them and they then do not lock anymore.

Never had one of them come loose or get close to breaking or stripping.

Thanks Christo - I figured that was the case. Couldn't see why they needed to be replaced.

Hopefully I'll get this done over the weekend.

R

My bet is that ARB started including that because the FSM identifies the bolts as non-reusable. That way they are both singing off of the same sheet of music.

BTW, I re-used mine the last time.....Shhhhhhhhh :whoops:

Your pretty much right Cdan, they, by telling you to use new bolts, free themselves from litigation if you re use the originals [when ARB have no control on how they are done up/undone or what condition they are in] and something was to happen.

The joys of not shooting lawyers at birth........... :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom