Dobinsons IMS Shocks - Land Cruiser 100 Series and Lexus LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have all four shocks installed now. The fronts are amazing. The rears are very good too but could use a bit more weight to soften them. My new bumper from Mike at BIOR should be ready early next year. I think they will be perfect then. Can't wait to take it offroad!

Mike at BIOR installed my rear bumper yesterday. It's awesome and Mike as always was a pleasure to deal with. My rear IMS shocks are perfect now. Not harsh at all, yet not too soft either. Perfect combination. If I had an unloaded (no bumper, drawers, etc.) 100 series I would probably go with the IMS extended trave in the front and OEM in the rear, but with a bumper the rear IMS shocks are awesome!

Mike at BIOR installed my rear bumper yesterday. It's awesome and Mike as always was a pleasure to deal with. My rear IMS shocks are perfect now. Not harsh at all, yet not too soft either. Perfect combination. If I had an unloaded (no bumper, drawers, etc.) 100 series I would probably go with the IMS extended trave in the front and OEM in the rear, but with a bumper the rear IMS shocks are awesome!

That's awesome news. I started off somewhat loaded with front/rear bumpers winch drawers. I couldn't ask for a better handling combination. It drives like some type of sport truck now.

Im 2 weeks in on the Dobinsons Kit w/ Metaltech trailing arms.
AHC deleted.

Bumpers going on but ride without isnt unpleasant. Its like somewhere between the middle and sport fo the LX AHC settings. Hard square edge hits at speed and firm as one would expect but not jarring.

Looking forward to getting bumpers, sliders and stuff on and see where it settles and how the final ride is, but overall im happy and have no gripes with the kit.

IMG_6352 2.JPG

AHC deleted.

Bumpers going on but ride without isnt unpleasant. Its like somewhere between the middle and sport fo the LX AHC settings. Hard square edge hits at speed and firm as one would expect but not jarring.

Looking forward to getting bumpers, sliders and stuff on and see where it settles and how the final ride is, but overall im happy and have no gripes with the kit.

View attachment 2526474
Wow, the truck looks like new!!

AHC deleted.

View attachment 2526474

You have a beauty on your hands. I found the ride to be exactly as you stated. Somewhere between the middle and sport setting. That is exactly what I wanted in a ride

Want to know the biggest problem I have right now?

I bought the LX to strictly be an off-road vehicle. I didn't want to use it for any type of daily or routine driving to keep from running up the mileage. I have a Tacoma that is intended to be my daily.

With the new suspension, I want to drive it everywhere. I love it. I can't resist driving it.

j
AHC deleted.

View attachment 2526474

What wheels are these? I love the look.

Just put the 0-2" lift IMS front shocks on our 100 yesterday. Running Dobinsons HD Torsion Bars and variable rate rear springs, and had been running the GS59 shocks at all four corners.
Have been trying to keep the truck light (camping stuff for a family of 5--OK, well, glamping stuff--gets us right up to GVWR pretty quickly), so have no sliders, no bumpers--just a ComeUp 12k hidden winch, TT mount, and second battery are the only additional weight up front.

The ride with the upgraded TBs and the GS59 shocks was pretty harsh. I wasn't sure if it was just because I should've retained stock TBs or whether the shocks were over dampening. My E-rated tires probably don't help . . .

Bought @OwnerCS 's un-needed 0-2" IMS shocks and put them on yesterday. No off road use yet, but about an hour of driving with the family yesterday--ride is VERY much improved--bumps are not nearly as jarring as they had been, but ride is still nice and firm--great combination of comfort and firmness.

I finally got around to installing the IMS front shocks, and MRA rear shocks on my 06 LX470 (low lift, near stock weight).

I haven't spent any time "tuning" the rear shocks yet, and they might be set a hair soft, but even so, the current ride is awesome.

7C2F2743-A9F9-4C0A-99A3-EB4258FA36A9.jpeg

6746123E-A180-4709-8566-2A1BCEAA75EA.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally got around to installing the IMS front shocks, and MRA rear shocks on my 06 LX470 (low lift, near stock weight).

I haven't spent any time "tuning" the rear shocks yet, and they might be set a hair soft, but even so, the current ride is awesome.

View attachment 2630053
View attachment 2630051
Nice looking setup. Soft is a word you don't hear very often to describe a performance shock upgrade. All you gotta do is turn the dial to change the ride. 👍 👍 👍

Nice looking setup. Soft is a word you don't hear very often to describe a performance shock upgrade. All you gotta do is turn the dial to change the ride. 👍 👍 👍
Yep, but it wasn't bad enough to make me feel like crawling around under my vehicle, on my back (yet), and I've got to do a little more testing to figure out which of the 3 knobs I want to turn 😁

Second IMS/MRA install is done.

The rear seems a little firm on this one, so I got motivated enough to check LSC/HSC settings They’re the same as the first vehicle, so I must be off on the rebound setting.

Still very pleased with both setups, they each need a little tuning to be “just right”.

Whats the MRA?

Whats the MRA?

Similar to the IMS, but remote reservoir with external adjustments for low speed compression, high speed compression, and rebound. (Only available for the rear of the 100 series)

MRA with piggy back remote reservoir:
2946A9C3-BF57-4164-B49E-8A8795B10ADA.jpeg

Similar to the IMS, but remote reservoir with external adjustments for low speed compression, high speed compression, and rebound. (Only available for the rear of the 100 series)

View attachment 2632079

Ohh i wonder if i can run those in the back and leave the front stock 🤔

Ohh i wonder if i can run those in the back and leave the front stock 🤔
Possibly...

I've mixed shocks a few times in the past, but it's always just been a short term solution. I prefer matching front/rear.

If I remember correctly @chuckscap ran the IMS rears for some time with OE fronts, while he was waiting for his IMS front shocks.

Possibly...

I've mixed shocks a few times in the past, but it's always just been a short term solution. I prefer matching front/rear.

If I remember correctly @chuckscap ran the IMS rears for some time with OE fronts, while he was waiting for his IMS front shocks.

I did, it definitely rides better with all four the same :)

Second IMS/MRA install is done.

The rear seems a little firm on this one, so I got motivated enough to check LSC/HSC settings They’re the same as the first vehicle, so I must be off on the rebound setting.

Still very pleased with both setups, they each need a little tuning to be “just right”.

Dialing the rebound adjuster down one click seemed to help on the second install.

One suggestion to anyone else that opts to go with the MRA rear shocks...
The rebound adjusters are a whole lot easier to adjust if they're facing the differential, instead of trying to blindly do it "by feel" with them facing the tire.

View attachment 2632079
Any fitment issues on the lower mount- meaning does the shock body make any contact with the mount?

Those look pretty nice

Any fitment issues on the lower mount- meaning does the shock body make any contact with the mount?

Those look pretty nice

Nope, but there's not much "body" at the lower mount, it's mainly "shaft" at the lower mount, with a soft rubber boot.

You can get a glimpse of what I'm taking about in this picture (not my vehicle, and probably not a 100 series)
1617746587356.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom