Do your aircon controls do this??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formulaonehd

NWZ - The storm is here
Threads
Yesterday when i took out my truck for a spin (the wife last drove it BTW) she put the climate control to auto which was fine but as i prefer window down i went to switch it off and the bugger wouldn't listen to me!
When i pushed any of the buttons it automatically denies you the little click and just stays on the auto setting (i didn't realize it was on auto at the time) when i shifted the thermostat knob it was actually changing the air vent speed and not temp. What the F----
Anyway i pulled over and had a closer look and noticed it was on auto, pushed off and nothing happned again and again nothing happened when clicking off so once i pushed the AC button everything went back to normal. Hmmm blasting cold air off buttttt

Is this normal behaviour for the auto setting? Would hate for it to get stuck on that one day

Might have to turn off ignition to reset the auto feature??

I had a hard time tracking that, but it's near quitting time.

FWIW, my LX450 & the 40thAE 80's I had were that auto-format climate control & I hated them.

My longtimer is a base/manual op setup - if you find you hate yours I seem to recall you can pull it out & flip a switch on the back, makes it a base/manual type unit.

HTH.

Mi
I had a hard time tracking that, but it's near quitting time.

FWIW, my LX450 & the 40thAE 80's I had were that auto-format climate control & I hated them.

My longtimer is a base/manual op setup - if you find you hate yours I seem to recall you can pull it out & flip a switch on the back, makes it a base/manual type unit.

HTH.
Might have to try that. Basically the unit wont switch off via the off button when set to "auto" when i push the "AC" button it returns to normal but i dont think Toyota intended for it to behave this way. OFF should mean OFF, not screw you im blowing cold air for the rest of my life find another way to turn me off if you can

Haha, yeah - mine had a hard time with me wanting to do fresh air in, full heat to defroster & the AC on to dehumidify, full blower speed (works perfect in my manual op climate setup).

It would give me like 2 of the 3, but not all at once. Like it 'knew better':cautious:o_O

The LX450 was better, but neither setup was ever right, (40th was worse by far)- and to make it worse I had that diverter that 'thumped' rythmically when you just wanted fresh air under half way up the heat bar.

The temperature slider does nothing with the motor off, and between the two plugs at the back is a switch as per @LINUS , slide this towards the the top of dashboard makes the 'AUTO' function null.

Heater panel rear..jpg

Regards

Dave

Yesterday when i took out my truck for a spin (the wife last drove it BTW) she put the climate control to auto which was fine but as i prefer window down i went to switch it off and the bugger wouldn't listen to me!
When i pushed any of the buttons it automatically denies you the little click and just stays on the auto setting (i didn't realize it was on auto at the time) when i shifted the thermostat knob it was actually changing the air vent speed and not temp. What the F----
Anyway i pulled over and had a closer look and noticed it was on auto, pushed off and nothing happned again and again nothing happened when clicking off so once i pushed the AC button everything went back to normal. Hmmm blasting cold air off buttttt

Is this normal behaviour for the auto setting? Would hate for it to get stuck on that one day

That doesn't sound right.

On mine if it's on full auto you only mess with the temp slider and let the unit do it's thing, the auto button is lit up green.

If you change ANYTHING (vent settings, fan speed) it lets you make the change, but the green light on the auto button switches to a more yellowish hue (still green, but less green than full auto green if that makes sense).

It sounds like yours isn't registering any button pushes and is stuck on full auto, that's not normal.

If you change ANYTHING (vent settings, fan speed) it lets you make the change, but the green light on the auto button switches to a more yellowish hue (still green, but less green than full auto green if that makes sense).

That's a new one by me! --I never noticed the 2 color lights thing.

I think my 40th had other/deeper issues in the CC box (& system) than my 450, the 450 was my first auto-climate & it must have worked to some degree.

... i went to switch it off and the bugger wouldn't listen to me!

This often happens when a button sticks down, most commonly the auto button. As they age, have seen several that do this, the fix is to tap on the stuck button returning it to the "up" position. Have had some luck from cleaning around/under the button with compressed air, dislodging the dust, gummy bears, etc.

^^^ This...

My LX Auto button will often stick in the "in" position rendering other button inputs null until I jar the Auto button loose. Happens more in the summer when the interior is extremely hot.

Have to admit they aren't the smoothest buttons very temperamental

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom