DIY Bluetooth Integration Install 2002 LX 470 w/ Factory Nav (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nothing will show up, this unit only splices in BT audio through the DVD/CD changer input to the head unit.

Interestingly I can set the dip settings to MD Player and it will show all the text and play but once I leave the source I cannot press Disc and select MD Player again.

I dunno then, mine has zero text on the screen for calls and/or music off the phone.

Mine shows the text of what is playing (music, podcasts, etc.). Must be the dip settings.

Anyone who purchased the BT-45 need an additional harness? Crutfield doesnt say anything about an extra harness and I cant seem to figure out if its needed or if the BT-45 comes with everything I need to get this into a friends 2002 LX

Just did the BT-45 TOY tonight on a 2013 LC. Very straight forward and I have never done a stereo install or taken a dash apart before. Pulled the two side vents off, unclipped each of the connectors on them and that left the 4 screws to the Nav unit to remove. Pulled the entire head unit and rested it on the shifter, had a set of helping hands balance it.
Got the harness connected, powered up the electrical to test connectivity, pair bluetooth, did a test call and streaming test and now am working on the dip settings to get the text of the streaming source onto the screen.

** Does anyone know the correct settings for on screen song text? **

Thanks to all who contributed on this and other BT threads!

My DIP settings ended up being UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.

After all this, I have different settings for me! 2003 LC and BT-45 TOY
ON OFF OFF ON
-or-
DOWN UP UP DOWN
This allows me to hear both the CD multiplayer and the Streaming BT source by pushing the DISC button on the stereo front. Alternating pushed changes the source.

On the BT streaming source I had to hit the options for "Title ON" to show the song and album from the BT source

Correct that TITLE button has to be pushed to change the display from disc number select to the BT Audio information.

Thanks for the installation guide! Is anyone experiencing crackling & static when they make a call? It's clear on my end, but the recepient gets lots of static. It's still better than nothing;)

"5) To remove the overhead console, remove the screw from the sunglasses holder and then pop the trim at each of the four corners (as shown in the photo)."

Great writeup.
I too have a 2002 LX470 ... but I have not noted a sunglasses holder.
Can you post a photo? Thanks

Just for future reference, if you have a 2002 LX you have to have the CAS-TOY adapter linked in the first post.
Yes, I needed one in my 2002 LX470. BTW, the manufacturer, USA SPEC, will not warranty their device if it wasn't purchased from one of their approved dealers. So, I'm screwed with mine

I appreciate this thread's help. I have a 2003 LX470 with navigation, a CD changer, and the Mark Levinson audio package (which I slowly am replacing). Therefore, I needed the extra CAS-LEX cable from USA-SPEC in order to make the BT45-TOY work. Installing was relatively easy, and I ran the BT45-TOY cable through an existing hole in the bottom of the driver's side dash. My final challenge was the four dip switches on the BT45-TOY, which teambell's post above confirmed and worked for me (and remember to select the "Title" button in order to see your artist's and song's name playing -- at least in my configuration). The Bluetooth audio quality is very good in my view. Thank you all for your help.

Hi All,

I recently purchased an 02 LX470 with factory Mark Levinson sound system still installed (no mods). I have been researching different options for iphone connectivity (streaming music from Spotify is primary goal but phone call Bluetooth is a nice to have) and I was wondering if this thread is still the best option for this.

What I have seen:
BT45Toy (with CAS-LEX cabel) - Seems to be the best option for Bluetooth (including calls) Cost ~$250
VAIS SL3U-L - Seems to be the best option for a wired audio connection (no calls) Cost ~$160

My Question, are these the best 2 options out there today, or am I missing a newer/better option? Which of the 2 would you reccomend based on sound quality and functionality?

Thanks for the advice!

What I have seen:
BT45Toy (with CAS-LEX cabel) - Seems to be the best option for Bluetooth (including calls) Cost ~$250
VAIS SL3U-L - Seems to be the best option for a wired audio connection (no calls) Cost ~$160

My Question, are these the best 2 options out there today, or am I missing a newer/better option? Which of the 2 would you reccomend based on sound quality and functionality?

You missed the creme de la creme, Grom Vline VL2 for $600: Compare GROM Car Audio Integration Kits
They claim to be compatible with CarPlay via USB or Wireless. I don't have it but have heard good things.

I did buy the BT45Toy (with CAS-LEX cabel) and have an Android phone. It works as expected without all the frills.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I recently purchased an 02 LX470 with factory Mark Levinson sound system still installed (no mods). I have been researching different options for iphone connectivity (streaming music from Spotify is primary goal but phone call Bluetooth is a nice to have) and I was wondering if this thread is still the best option for this.

What I have seen:

Thanks for the advice!
I don't know what you mean by "best," but these are the easiest and least expensive options to add Bluetooth. Other options, as I understand them, are the non-nav retrofit or "tesla-style." I was in your shoes a year ago and went with the BT45TOY. It has suited my needs just fine and was relatively easy to install.

You missed the creme de la creme, Grom Vline VL2 for $600: Compare GROM Car Audio Integration Kits
They claim to be compatible with CarPlay via USB or Wireless. I don't have it but have heard good things.

I did buy the BT45Toy (with CAS-LEX cabel) and have an Android phone. It works as expected without all the frills.
I went to the GROM website and found another interesting option: Select Toyota Lexus 98-05 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Adapter Kit

It appears to have the same functionality as the BT45TOY minus the USB option. It is also $125 less than the BT45.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else used this product? Thanks again fro the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom