Dishpan Spring Trail on Saturday December 9th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning to scout out Dishpan Springs trail (3N34) this Saturday Dec 9th 2023. As far as I know, the trail is the only unpaved public route that connects Lake Arrowhead with Holcomb Valley. From my research, this trail is rated a black diamond or 7 out of 10 per OnX technical rating. It has interesting rock gardens, waterfalls, and obstacles. I would like to drive it with at least one other rig. Sliders, tires, and lockers are required, again from what I read. Having never been on this trail, I could be completely wrong, and you can drive this in your Prius!
This will be a day run starting with breakfast at the Cedar Glen Inn
(28942 Hook Creek Rd, Cedar Glen, CA 92321; The Cedar Glen Inn · 28942 Hook Creek Rd, Cedar Glen, CA 92321 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/somE9gmAktABEJQr5).
The trail head is near by and eventually connects with Holcomb Valley. Dishpan Springs trail is short and could be done in a couple of hours. Afterwards and time permitting, we can check out some other trails in the area before heading down to Fawnskin.

This is a non-club sanction event. Meet up time and location are flexible. Another day is also a possibility.

If you are interested in joining me, reply to this thread.

Dat

I'm planning to scout out Dishpan Springs trail (3N34) this Saturday Dec 9th 2023. As far as I know, the trail is the only unpaved public route that connects Lake Arrowhead with Holcomb Valley. From my research, this trail is rated a black diamond or 7 out of 10 per OnX technical rating. It has interesting rock gardens, waterfalls, and obstacles. I would like to drive it with at least one other rig. Sliders, tires, and lockers are required, again from what I read. Having never been on this trail, I could be completely wrong, and you can drive this in your Prius!
This will be a day run starting with breakfast at the Cedar Glen Inn
(28942 Hook Creek Rd, Cedar Glen, CA 92321; The Cedar Glen Inn · 28942 Hook Creek Rd, Cedar Glen, CA 92321 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/somE9gmAktABEJQr5).
The trail head is near by and eventually connects with Holcomb Valley. Dishpan Springs trail is short and could be done in a couple of hours. Afterwards and time permitting, we can check out some other trails in the area before heading down to Fawnskin.

This is a non-club sanction event. Meet up time and location are flexible. Another day is also a possibility.

If you are interested in joining me, reply to this thread.

Dat
Unfortunately I already have my weekend Planned. Not sure if I would have a suitable rig anyway . Don't have lockers or winch.

Marc

Looking forward to it! I’ll dress warmly!

Great trail run, Dat! Thanks for setting it up.

IMG_4603.jpeg

IMG_4602.jpeg

IMG_4601.jpeg

it was a great little trail. Rutted sections, rock gardens and waterfalls make for an incredible day. Also hardly anyone on the trail. Good company, great fun! And I learned from Joe that a D-ring shackle can serve as a snatch block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom