Dig aluminum beadlocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let’s try this thread here….

been looking for some recent reviews/ tech on someone that sells a quality diy aluminum beadlock kit for wheels

looking to buy a kit with both rings, only the weld on ring has to be aluminum. found one kit that was a solid ring, just trying to make sure there aren’t any other/ better options out there.

thanks
w

I've read that diy aluminum beadlocks don't usually work great. Something about the alloy in factory style rims isn't conducive to welding and cracks after a trip or two.

No direct experience though.

I've read that diy aluminum beadlocks don't usually work great. Something about the alloy in factory style rims isn't conducive to welding and cracks after a trip or two.

No direct experience though.
I would think that would be a problem with the person welding. This will not be for a hardcore rock bouncer, but more so for security to not loose a tire when aired down. I was thinking of the inner ring to be aluminum and the bolt on ring to be steel. Anti coning ring would also help for strength

I would think that would be a problem with the person welding. This will not be for a hardcore rock bouncer, but more so for security to not loose a tire when aired down. I was thinking of the inner ring to be aluminum and the bolt on ring to be steel. Anti coning ring would also help for strength
Anti coning ring doesn't help with the strength of the rim you're welding to....

I looked into it for my h2 alloys. Saw some first hand accounts on other forums that it didn't work well in the long run, even with pro welders. It's the cast alloy that's the problem, not the welder. Welding to cast iron or cast steel has similar problems.

If you do it, post up and let us know how it goes. Billet or spun alloy wheels probably wouldn't have as much of a problem as cast rims do.

Anti coning ring doesn't help with the strength of the rim you're welding to....

I looked into it for my h2 alloys. Saw some first hand accounts on other forums that it didn't work well in the long run, even with pro welders. It's the cast alloy that's the problem, not the welder. Welding to cast iron or cast steel has similar problems.

If you do it, post up and let us know how it goes. Billet or spun alloy wheels probably wouldn't have as much of a problem as cast rims do.
The end game is to get a set of double bead lock forged wheels. Sinking too much money else were in this build at the moment to have 1000-1500 per wheel in those.

Thanks for the input, at about 150 a pop per wheel, it’s worth a shot to try it out.

Call OMF wheel in California. Theyll beadlock anything, they may even sell you the rings.

Last edited:

exactly this. You must know what the alloy is to properly weld aluminum. Most cast wheels come from China - who is well known for their inability to meet any alloy test.

Spend the $150 on a good conversion air compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom