different bumperettes ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
are the rear bumperettes all the same ? i think on some photos they are different sizes, smaller and bigger ones .

thank you for the information , perhaps they are home made bumperettes on some pictures ( perhaps i need new glases ... ) .

Last edited:
Another question on bumperettes...

Did they come on ALL FJ40's? US and General market?
I typically see US 40's missing them, but I see them a lot of South American and general market 40's. Did they not come on US market trucks from the factory?

Stock item on al short and mid wheel base 40 series as far as I know. I know all US FJ40 originally had them.

Reactions: 405
another question : are the bumperettes made from spring steel or standard steel ? ( the Willys bumperettes are made from spring steel )

I suspect they are tempered steel because 1. I had a bugger of a time widening one to line up the bolt holes, and 2. mild steel would serve no real purpose as a bumper unless is was intended to be a crush panel.

Can someone tell me the bolt size to attach to the bumper. I don't know if I have the wrong size or the hole is filled with crap even after pushing a small brush through the holes.

Thanks

Can someone tell me the bolt size to attach to the bumper. I don't know if I have the wrong size or the hole is filled with crap even after pushing a small brush through the holes.

Thanks
Toyota part # below...

Screenshot_20231015_113434_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231015_113636_Chrome.jpg

by 25-mm long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom