Diesel injectors : which cleaning fluid to use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

knuckle47

I can’t get enough Land Cruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
So I will remove, clean and possibly rebuild the fuel injectors on my 14B. It is running well and just replaced the fuel Filter unit and fuel lines. Which cleaning fluid would be best to use for the internal injector parts once disassembled?

Well, I don’t know that I can get the guys to pull the injectors but the did not pull them before using the additive… hey, I’ll ask

these are 6 cylinder Isuzu’s used in their NPR 3500 trucks

I tried HotShots Diesel Extreme and it made my IP leak. I gave away the rest of the bottle.

I tried HotShots Diesel Extreme and it made my IP leak. I gave away the rest of the bottle.
I am wondering how old or how many miles you have on the pump? We haven't seen this yet

1990 1HDT 260k km

Drip stated on tank with Extreme in it. Stopped dripping next tank.
Wierd. I’ve never had this issue with hotshots extreme. I also use there EDT winter defense as it’s a lubricant and it conditions seals. But the cleaner is strong stuff. Wondering if your dosage is too much to too little.

Just rolled over 300K km. Pump has been rebuilt and sealed 100k km ago.

Wierd. I’ve never had this issue with hotshots extreme. I also use there EDT winter defense as it’s a lubricant and it conditions seals. But the cleaner is strong stuff. Wondering if your dosage is too much to too little.

Just rolled over 300K km. Pump has been rebuilt and sealed 100k km ago.
Its expensive stuff, and l ran the recommended dosage. Was sure glad drip quit! It happened twice with the HotShots Diesel Extreme: once in winter and once in summer. Same deal: IP dripped for that tank; quit on the next.

Rebuilt IP and injectors is on the list, but not quite logistically ready. Rubber is old in there...

Right now l an running Opti-Lube XtremeLubrication/Summer Lube+cetane 50/50 mix per tank. Reasonable price bought in bulk.

Its expensive stuff, and l ran the recommended dosage. Was sure glad drip quit! It happened twice with the HotShots Diesel Extreme: once in winter and once in summer. Same deal: IP dripped for that tank; quit on the next.

Rebuilt IP and injectors is on the list, but not quite logistically ready. Rubber is old in there...

Right now l an running Opti-Lube XtremeLubrication/Summer Lube+cetane 50/50 mix per tank. Reasonable price bought in bulk.
lots of 12v VE-pump cummings guys run hot shots. this is the first I have ever heard of issues of a leaking pump due to hotshots... our ve pump being similar should not have any problems.

if your rebuilding your pump make sure you use Viton seals. they last a lot longer than regular rubber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom