Did I bork my radiator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm in the process of replacing the timing belt and all that jazz.

I managed to get a few good jabs at the backside of the radiator while trying to get the fan and shroud out...

Can anyone in the know tell me if I screwed it up bad enough that I should replace it or am I getting over zealous and not worry about it...

Much appreciated in advance...

aa8Vu9z.jpg

Fin damage is ok, its the tubes you have to worry about. Put it back together and let it get fully warmed up and look for leaks. Doesn't look too bad.

You’ll know as soon as you start up:doh:

Be careful of the tranny oil cooler lines also. The PO of my LX or the stealership before I bought it, somehow partially smashed the tranny coolant tubes, so I started getting an intermittent tranny hot light.

So, new radiator and having the dealership swap out the fluid as a “just in case” was an expensive oops:mad:

I've seen brand new radiators right out of the box that looked worse than that (rough handling during shipping).

Looks like it is all confined to the fins. As someone already suggested, always cut a piece of cardboard and place it in front of the radiator fins if you plan on leaving the radiator in place for any work done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom