SOLD DFW: 2005 Lexus LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
white
Disclaimer: I am posting this since I've been asked this a lot. I am NOT a dealer, just an individual. I have experience selling cars in the past and have learned a lot about it over the years. I used to enjoy buying and selling cars but now am unable to do so because I have a full-time job, 2 young kids, and other commitments that take up most of my time. I still enjoy helping friends and family buy or sell their cars.

**I have asked other MUD members about my price and I was told that I can get it if I wait long enough so disrespectful OPINIONS regarding price are NOT welcomed. I will work with serious buyers on price if you can find me COMPARABLE vehicle selling or sold**

Up for sale is basically a one-owner 2005 Lexus LX 470 that I purchased in December 2021. I purchased it from a local surgeon who took it to Sewell Lexus for all maintenance. I have maintenance records since it was brand new. Since I purchased it, I got the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, drive belt, fan clutch shaft, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and tube seals completed. My mechanic commented on how great of a condition it's in and said there was not even an ounce of sludge in the engine.

The records from Lexus show the following maintenance: New thermostat & rear brakes @181K, front brakes @169K, new power steering rack, and rear upper control arm @156k, AWD fluids serviced at 146K

This SUV is in excellent condition and has new Weathertech mats in all 3 rows. The original owner had it detailed every few services at Sewell so the paint still looks new. I often get compliments on how nice it looks. It's not perfect but it's pretty close. Few things I would address if I were to keep it: replace/refoam the rear sub, and replace 2 front tires as they are getting close. Just got an oil change, car wash, and full tank of gas so it's ready for the next owner. I welcome and recommend any pre-purchase inspection by a mechanic of your choosing. The only reason it's for sale is that I purchased a low mileage, 06 in my color of choice and I paid a premium for that. I am just trying to recoup some of the damage from that ;)

Asking $24,900. VIN JTJHT00W853551519 Direct message me with any questions.
20220411_121841[1].jpg

20220411_121806[1].jpg

20220411_121950[1].jpg

20220411_123045[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20220411_123057[1].jpg
    20220411_123057[1].jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Could you please share the VIN? Under carriage photos also would be nice. @Giovanna145

You’re in the ballpark on price, I don’t know why you’re concerned. and who cares what comps are, the only thing that matters is if one person wants to pay more than others and that price is one you’ll accept.

From the undercarriage pic, it looks like there is a leak but I assume it's from the valve cover leak that I already fixed. There are no leaks. Free bump

Can you shine any light on the damage reported to CarFax? Looks like a sharp unit!
I was not aware of any damage reported to carfax. Do you mind sending me the carfax? I did not do a carfax when I purchased it. From my inspection prior tp purchase, I didn't see any damage

Wonder if it got hail damage.

If this is a Houston area car it could have been flooding. 2016 flooding was the Tax Day Flood, this was reported on the 4th, too early.

Re: Hail, not that frequent in Houston area. But on the sides?

Last edited:
Looks like It's been in the DFW all its life and we've had our fair share of hail. My only guess is that if hail hit on the side by the windows, carfax will report it as side? I assume the previous owner got it all fixed under insurance and drove it for another 4 yrs. I didn't have to fix anything on the body when I purchased it, just maintenance items under the hood.

I lowered price to 19,999 on my FB Marketplace ad few weeks ago but forgot to update it here. Great rig for under 20K IMHO. Send me your offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom