Dewey's FJ40...(this may also end up a "Saga") (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jrob

Florence, MS
Threads
This is a new addition to the family. Dewayne & Jennifer Hammons bought this 1978 FJ40. To give a little history on it, he bought it from Ransom Myers. Ransom and Parker Graves were friends from the delta and after Parker passed away all the guys in there group lost interest in cruisers. Turns out that Dewayne's cousin and Ransom are good friends, long story short Dewayne's cousin called Dewayne Friday and asked him if he was interested in a 40,...this truck had not been posted for sale ANYWHERE!

List of mods already complete:
FJ 40 axles front and rear
Detroit locker rear, ARB front
4 link rear with Johhny Joints
Spring over front with shackle reverse
5.3 Vortec, 4l60e, ORION
Metal tec family cage
Six shooter knuckles with high steer
Longfield super set
Warn 9.5 ti

I believe that is close to being it.

Seems to be very solid. One small rust issue in drive floor pan next to tranny hump.

I'm sure Dewey will be posting up soon, asking for advise.

Welcome to this slippery slope!

Jrob

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure we will know this truck very well over the next few months! Welcome to the madness!

Don't let these guys talk you into hacking this 40 up. Go buy a buggy. It's a trap.

Maybe I misunderstood... is it not already an undercover buggy? Or is that a wish list up there?

You tell em' fergie!

I revised the first post to "list of mods already complete"

Saw this rig last night and it's a good solid truck! Runs great. Needs a set of tires and he'll be good to go. Looking at some of his other toys, this thing will get the "spa treatment" and will look like a million dollars when he's done. He's a muscle car guy so it's got to look good! lol

He's got six shooter knuckles already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom