Desmogging a 3FE, Air Pump Bracket Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of desmogging a 3FE, I removed the air pump but debating whether to pull off the bracket as well. I know leaving it will not interfere with anything but want to remove it for aesthetics. So are the two bolts holding it down any longer than the other head bolts?

65F9B9BE-35C6-46EE-AD29-72712B3F1BF3.jpeg

maybe...the parts diagram shows that two bolts are longer, but it doesn't say which ones. Do you have a service manual for the 3fE engine? I have one I downloaded from AUS, and it doesn't show different length bolts...maybe AUS doesn't have AI pump.

1682628903026.png

I am in the process of desmogging a 3FE, I removed the air pump but debating whether to pull off the bracket as well. I know leaving it will not interfere with anything but want to remove it for aesthetics. So are the two bolts holding it down any longer than the other head bolts?

View attachment 3309008
maybe...the parts diagram shows that two bolts are longer, but it doesn't say which ones. Do you have a service manual for the 3fE engine? I have one I downloaded from AUS, and it doesn't show different length bolts...maybe AUS doesn't have AI pump.

View attachment 3309036

Hi folks ,

I am skooling myself on the whole 3FE Desmog step by steps

There are indeed a few ways to do it …

I found a very obscure Ytube video that is my single source refrence point now

However , I am still gaining the skill sets. Prior to my panned

I will
Post the tech video here in a bit

The dude is a bit unique / but it’s all solid TEch

View attachment 3309036
I would assume the two bolts on the bracket are longer…. I don’t have a service manual

View attachment 3309008

View attachment 3309036

ok, ....

do NOT judge a book by it's cover here ....fyi

this is the BEST tech reference video i have seen to date on the DE SMOG

- FACT : I already have a few OEM TOYOTA Genuine COGGED drive belts on-hand to use in the 3FE DE-SMOG

-

2FFFD7A2-0C1E-4D0F-A774-7B938803144B (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom