For Sale Denver, CO 1976 FJ40 unrestored survivor, full mechanical redo 100+ pics 7 year build + ownership thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*****SOLD*****(

For sale is my 1976 FJ40.
49,400 miles.
Found it in a barn in Wyoming.
We drug it home to Colorado.
is my ~7 year build + ownership thread. It had 47k miles when I bought it in 2012
it has 49,400 now. Based on the shape of everything on this truck when I bought it, I'm 99% sure its 47k miles. The pictures will be in mostly chronological order starting with the day we found it in Wyoming in that barn in 2012. For context the build thread is better, but this is a cliff notes via pictures quickie version.

I spent the better part of 5 years rebuilding the mechanicals (full 2f engine to original spec w/ domed pistons, open chambered heads, full compliant emissions, everything touched was mechanically pure and then cosmetically refreshed (cad plated parts, powder coat, etc blah blah). If I touched it, it got redone both ways.

I passed smog with flying colors the first time 5 years ago when the re-power was done, and then again last week for collector plate renewal.

The body is untouched, original paint, little rust in the sill, but haven't replaced it because the truck is very very original and very clean. I have had one of awl_teq's rear sills sitting in my garage, but can't tear into this cosmetically, its only this original once.

The build thread on rising sun is above, 20 pages, full history. I can insert 5 pics at a time, so this will be 20 plus posts to get all the pics in here... I'll do that over a few days I suppose.

Price?
I had a sticker in the window at the RS rally for 35k.
I'd take 25k

I'll leave it here for a week and go to BaT if it doesn't sell.

Thanks all for looking!

Mike Simpson

order1.jpg
order2.jpg
order3.jpg
order4.jpg
order5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom