Dented rear plastic bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DocuDude

Took me 10 years to find this space
Threads
Dented rear plastic part of bumper--best way to fix

Hi,

A few weeks back someone hit my wifes 80 in a parking lot. They dented the rear driver side plastic end piece on the bumper.

I am going to detach the plastic piece from the car and hammer it out. Any advice, things to do or don't do?

Also, I looked and it seems like this plastic piece of the bumper is only attached to the frame with a couple of screws. So this would be like a one bananna job then?

thanks

Last edited:
just be carefull pulling the screws out they tend to get a bit rusty and will brake right off. I busted two bolts on my rear passenger cover.

Time to go steel! Next time she gets hit the truck won't dent but will bite back! :)

will soaking in wd-40 for a few hours help?

will soaking in wd-40 for a few hours help?

Cool, so it is as easy as it looks. Just take rubber hammer and bang it out?

I read all about the Slee and ARB bumpers that a lot of ya'all have on here......if this car never goes off-road is there an advantage to steel bumpers......i saw a post here a while back of someone who had a bush guard and got into an accident and the brush guard crushed their body......so i would need a full bumper, how much does that cost for something worth getting.....
wow, i think i just hijacked my own thread.....does that make me a suicide hijaker?

hah, hah.....:flipoff2: osama

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom