Deer vs Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You may as well get the new style grille and integrated headlamp/corner lamp of the '06...it'll make your LC look newer from the front!

joshuaham said:
200 lb buck at 40 mph
didnt brake, didnt see him , just jumped right in front of me.
Will any bar prevent this?
The cruiser is good as new, new lights are clear and bright.
Drove it for a few days then drove it to the dealer. No mech damage.
Will this kill resale like it did the buck?
Im taking up deer hunting.:doh:

We dont have deer in australia but we have kangaroo's , i have seen insurance companys right off cars after hitting a kangaroo

There are not very bright , they will adrt accross the road in front of you

tabraha said:
That's exactly why I wish there was more offered for the LX than just the Sahara bar too. Josh I agree with Nick that an ARB deluxe bar would have paid for itself most likely.

Did your airbags go off?

Heres one on a LX!

DSC01704.JPG

DSC01676.JPG

Last edited:
After having to relace on of the headlight lenses on my 98 ($$$) because of a flying rock, I bought a stainless, one piece brush gaurd for $275 plus $100shipping from Ca. (ebay) Last winter I hit a deer dead on and expected serious damage as I pulled over. Bent the two inch bottom bar of the grill but saved
100% the LC. Paid for itself and still looks good.

Anything would work only if it is mounted correctly!

I sent ARB a letter saying simply “You should make a Bull Bar for the LX470,” I sent them a pic of mine!

Just waiting for a response!

joshuaham said:
In front of stonehaven
crossing to that big garden where they sell all those veggies all the time
near five forks
I like the telephone poll idea
Glad to see some Upstate cruisers on here. I once lived off of Roper Mtn. and Hwy 14, so I am very familiar with that area.

dinos4x4 said:
We dont have deer in australia but we have kangaroo's , i have seen insurance companys right off cars after hitting a kangaroo

There are not very bright , they will adrt accross the road in front of you
Actually we do have deer in Australia - they are usually ones that escape from farms. Having nealy "collected " one at the back of Lake Mountain in Victoria i can safely say that the ABS works very well ! I've also avoided hitting one on the Ada River Rd on the way back from the Ada Tree.
Get the ARB they do look pretty good and will maybe save your 'cruiser one day.
cheers
peter

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last fall, I hit a deer in my 80 series going 75mph, didn't see no brakes, and it did nothing to the cruiser. The deer I shall say did not fair so well. My family and I were completely safe and fine...including the cruiser.

That sold my wife on it. I had just put it on 2 weeks prior and she was complaining of how ugly it was. :D No more complaints on it.

I have buddy T-bone a truck in his XJ J**p with a ARB on it bent the unibody but still drove moved the bar to his new one :cheers: run over ALL kinds of crap with mine still look in strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom